Epoxy Clear Coat Question

I have recently redone my basement concrete floor with Expoxyshield Professional, a polyamide-based two-part epoxy. I used two coats and the included color chips sprinkled on the second coat. The results are excellent.

However....

The color chips. not being encapsulated by the epoxy, have left the surface with a rougher, more sandpaper-like, texture than I had hoped. The answer would be a clear coat of epoxy (or urethane), but the problem is that I am beyond the recoat period (72 hours) by several weeks.

Rustoleum recommended that the surface be sanded to improve bonding, but I am not sure how the color chips would hold up to that effort. What I was wondering is whether there is any practical way, using an epoxy solvent/remover, to spray a light coating over the floor, allow it to create a slight "tackiness," then coat the floor with a clear epoxy.

Anybody have an educated opinion on this, or another approach?

Thanks.

Reply to
tacker

Sand as they said , but id leave it, to much trouble and it will wear down. The real plus is it is not now as slippery wet.

Reply to
m Ransley