EPA has a Most Wanted list

Never new the FPA Had a Most Wanted list..

_Current Fugitive Profiles_

Sample of charges....

- Alghazouli sold R-12 Freon, an ozone depleting substance, that had been illegally smuggled from Mexico.

- Illegal smuggling, Almhchie was arrested with one hundred and five (105) thirty pound cylinders of ozone depleting contraband.

- Illegal discharge of hazardous substance into navigable waters of the United States

- Bustamonte ordered the crew of a ship to lie to the U. S. Coast Guard concerning the waste oil management system.

- Illegal transportation, storage and disposal of mercury contaminated soil

- Deleon was convicted in Federal District Court, District of Massachusetts on November 19, 2008, on twenty-eight felony charges related to her role as President of Environmental Compliance Training (ECT), a certified asbestos training provider.

- He allegedly submitted false statements to the State of Nevada in violation of the Clean Air Act.

- Alessandro Giordano illegally imported automobiles that did not meet the United States emissions standards.

- Illegal dumping of oil

- Aiding and Abetting false entries into an Oil Record Book

- Psomadakis directed other RCCL employees to make false statements to the company and to criminal investigators.

Oren

Makes you wonder what goes on in those dipstick countries around the world that don=92t even HAVE an EPA.

Reply to
Molly Brown

Molly, there was a very interesting documentary shown by either The History Channel or National Geographic about the ship wrecking and salvage going on in third world countries. The ships are beached and crews of men go to work with torches dismantling the big boats. It's an amazing site to see them cut the obsolete craft apart. There are no pollution laws or worker safety laws to contend with so ship owners from all over the world send old ships there to be scrapped.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

world that don?t even HAVE an EPA.

Something tells me that Oren's intent was to point out the inanity of the EPA, whether you agree or not. Such is the mentality that this newsgroup has become.

Reply to
Frank McElrath

You too can become a rat fink and turn in your neighbors.

Reply to
LSMFT

Epa has an enforcement branch. There are laws about the handling of pollutants. What would be the point in having laws if you were not going to enforce them? No one would pay attention if nobody ever got arrested for breaking them. What's the inanity there? You don't want any laws about handling refrigerant or pesticides? Ok, then vote for someone that agrees with you. But don't go crying to the federal government when you discover the farmer behind you has been dumping leftover pesticides on the ground near your community well for 20 years.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

They are copying us and worse Europe. I'm working on a form for the status of a chemical that's 10 pages long of fine print. Most are EU regs.

Reply to
Frank

I bought a refrigeration vacuum pump some years back and it had a government required Material Safety Data booklet with it and at the end of 15 pages it read, "This device has been determined to contain no hazardous materials." I couldn't help wonder the cost of compliance with government regulations. If the manufacturer shipped one million of those pumps and the booklet cost 25 cents, I would love to have that money.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I watched a show last night on TRUTV (surfing), called Southern Stings. Set in North Carolina.

Not sure who the guys are or their authority. The always have the

*owners* _permission_ to enter private property, even with K-9.

One segment: Pot was being dealt from a Hurst and a local skateboard park. One kid smoked and went to the hospital. Dad called the guys and they had the pot tested. Embalming fluids laced into the pot. The car tag was traced and the owner allowed dogs into his business. Employees arrested (by real police) for hiding various drugs in caskets.

Another segment: Cows are dying on a farm. They only eat in the barn and drink from the stream. Following the stream -- say five miles up stream, they discovered abandoned containers in the stream ( earlier they found a boot print and followed up further). The guy upstream? Well, he was running a "meth lab" and emptied those chemicals into the stream. Oh, the fight was ON! The meth head hit the guy in the head with some sort of shovel.

When they put him in the car, the bumped his head :-/

Reply to
Oren

It's not just MEN, it's young children!!! I know that documentary and have researched this on other media. Young children are exposed to these deadly, toxic chemicals, and use dangerous hand and power tools. No protective gear, of course.

Those ship owners wouldn't let THEIR children and grandchildren do this horrible work, but their OK with letting "the other" get poisoned, wounded, killed.

Reply to
Higgs Boson

It's an awful truth of human nature, there is always someone hungry enough to do the distasteful or dangerous tasks shunned by the more refined and elite societies. Like the peasant gold mining going on in South America where the use of mercury for extracting gold from the ore is polluting the rain forest watershed. In the distant future, man may end up mining other planets, moons and asteroids in our solar system. I'd love to be around to witness the shenanigans of the radical vacuumentalists. *snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas