Environmentally-better paint strippers DO work

Page 2 of 2
Other environmentally friendly method, don't use chemical strippers. I found it interesting that a professional painter that my wife knows says that she doesn't use chemical stripping but instead uses some kind of specialized tool which works just as well -- I think she says better(?).
I don't know any more about it -- but I guess I'm assuming it's some kind of specialized putty knife, or scrapper, or something.
Food for thought.
Rob
Rob wrote:

There are mechanical strippers that work well for flat sandable surfaces like wood siding. Those methods aren't applicable to complex metal surfaces like a lockset.
On 2/9/2009 8:24 AM Pete C. spake thus:

True. That said, it's possible that some other suggestions for mechanical removal (like glass beading or ultrasound) may work. I just don't have access to that kind of equipment.
In any case, the benign chemicals have done their job.
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won\'t use it. I like it
Pete C. wrote:

Maybe sandblasting?