Environmental Hazards of Batteries

may produce the following potential problems or hazards: Pollute the lakes and streams as the metals vaporize into the air when burned. Contribute to heavy metals that potentially may leach from solid waste landfills. Expose the environment and water to lead and acid. Contain strong corrosive acids. May cause burns or danger to eyes and skin.

------- Yet, when I went to buy two 357 watch batteries for my pocket tester I had to buy a 3 pack. I don't know of anything that uses 3-357 batteries. Battery makers are packaging batteries where you have to buy more than you need.

-- O'Neil to General Hammond: For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

Reply to
Metspitzer

Obviously you sometimes need watch batteries. If the packaging is that important simply buy two three packs. Use two. Put the dead ones in your regular trash, where it will wind up in the landfill. Or take them to any battery sales store for disposal. You now have four batteries left to be used two at a time. Naturally you will have to repeat the cycle when each set expires. The shelf life in storage can be lengthened by keeping them cool, fridge or whatever. Doesn't that neatly solve the problem?

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Yeah

Like hot dogs and buns. It takes a long time to make that come out even.

Reply to
Metspitzer

Just go to Ebay and you can find any quantity batteries that you want, from 1 to 100 at prices far below the local retail shop.

Reply to
trader4

It's been my experience that the life expectancy of no name ebay batteries is not anything close to brand name ones.

Reply to
jamesgangnc