entry door backset

greetings, i have a entry door with a lock backset of 4 and 3/8's . it is an unusual size and i am curious as to finding a replacement for it. i googled the info but all i get is the standard 2 and 3/8's thanks, cj
cj wrote:

I have run across a couple of doors that had unusual backsets during my years as a GC. One of them had door knobs in the center of the door. Each time that I had to deal with these, upon taking them apart I have found that they had what seemed to be custom manufactured "extenders" for the bolt. I was able to replace them with standard door hardware and reuse the extension bolt. You might take yours apart and see if you can do the same.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

==Try here:
http://www.vandykes.com/
That sure is a bastard size. I've seen those you mentioned, and I've seen 5" and 18". You have my sympathies.
--

Christopher A. Young
.

"cj" < snipped-for-privacy@charter.net> wrote in message
cj wrote:

I've seen Backset extensions for some locksets at Locksmith shops.
There's much more available in specific trade shops/retailers than you will find in any of the big stores.
LdB