Entrances AreNOT Modern

Wasn't that tried in The Soviet Union? Worked for a while.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Then I stand by my assertion that you were never an atheist. An atheist would have laughed the LDS missionaries right out of the room, drunk -- er -- filled with the spirit of the lord or not.

BTW, "atheist" isn't capitalized. And top-posting is a sure way to end up in hell for all eternity. You know, infinite punishment for finite sins and all.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank Warner

Well, think what you want. It's no difference to me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

In order for that to happen, you would have to ALREADY believe, in order to interpret it that way.

So you believe garbage just because some idiot claims to?

There's only one such place accessible to a human being. That is your imagination. There's nothing there that you didn't put there.

[snip improperly placed, improperly formatted, and irresponsible sig]
Reply to
NotX

Well, you weren't there. And so you have no credibility to tell me what went on, in my own mind. Sorry about that.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And Frank Warner added his two cents' worth:

Ah, yes, insults: the last resort of those who know nothing about which they speak. If you knew what you were talking about, you'd at least be able to refute Stormin' Mormon's position based on facts, not on your opinion.

Have you studied Christianity? (And Stormin' Mormon and I can have our own separate debate about whether or not LDS is Christian.) Are you familiar with the historical contexts of the sacred texts? Have you read any of them in the original languages?

I also love how so many critics of faith cite example after example of misdeeds, but neglect the far larger body of evidence of people whose lives were changed for the better, of the sacrifices made to lift up those who were downtrodden, of the sacrifices made. An estimated 20 million Christians were killed in the 20th century because of their faith, but yeah, you want to say Christians are deluded or evil or both.

No, that's not the truth, that's your opinion. Yes, there is no scientific proof of the existence of God; nor is there any scientific proof that God does not exist. Your statement is simply your belief, and no matter how often you say it, it doesn't become Truth.

Your "truth" is either a lie, or ignorant: there is documented historical evidence for the existence of a man from the Galilee region of Palestine named Yeshua, who was executed by the Romans for sedition, and whose followers claimed he rose from the dead which the leaders at the time were not able to refute.

The lesson here: don't try to fight knowledge with ignorance and insults. You will lose.

Reply to
Kyle