Entrances AreNOT Modern

Hello,

Back in the old days we lived in small communities, where you would walk to the market area, and carry home your daily, meals-to-be- prepared groceries. There was no refrigeration etc. It was on this basis entrances to the home were contrived. Now many of us get paid twice or once a month, and some people get bonuses every few months and so on. This has changed our bringing-home-the-bacon methods. Now we use huge vehicles into which we pack huge amounts of groceries. I do monthly shopping and pack a truck. I drive 30 miles to my favourite store and back =3D 60 miles for the =93monthly=94 shopping, but through the month, pick up some things locally.

As you can see due to the change in food packaging and shopping habits, we must change the entrances to homes. We will need a glorified loading dock of sorts, from now on, on newly built homes, and itwill have to be something somewhat inexpensive. Here are examples of specs: The steps and/or part of the walkway to the door will need to be under roof/cover. Youwill need a dock to place groceries before opening front door; the dock will, of course, need to be under roof/cover. If thereare steps to the door, they too will need to be under roof/cover: in other words you will walk up your steps, to the door - all under roof/cover. The idea is to be able to open your door without having to stand in the rain to do so, but to have been able to first sit down the groceries in a safe, clean, dry place. Sitting groceries down on a dirty, garage floor doesnot compute, therefore thereis no easy way out on this.

Truly

Truth will set you free: John 8:32

Reply to
harry

Back in the old days we lived in small communities, where you would walk to the market area, and carry home your daily, meals-to-be- prepared groceries. There was no refrigeration etc. It was on this basis entrances to the home were contrived. Now many of us get paid twice or once a month, and some people get bonuses every few months and so on. This has changed our bringing-home-the-bacon methods. Now we use huge vehicles into which we pack huge amounts of groceries. I do monthly shopping and pack a truck. I drive 30 miles to my favourite store and back = 60 miles for the ?monthly? shopping, but through the month, pick up some things locally.

[...]

Maybe we should start eating like humans

Reply to
RBM

Now many of us get paid twice or once a month, and some people get bonuses every few months and so on.

WTF are you talking about?

Reply to
Joe

Not to worry, the government in its wisdom is going to turn the clock back. Soon only a few ill have jobs and those who do, will be forced to use public transportation. So the entrances that exist will be adequate for the bag of groceries you can bring home on the bus or train. See the Portland plan, / the vanishing automobile one example,

Eric in North TX

The new house design should be a garage situated next to the kitchen.

And cabinet like doors which open up in the garage. On the other side of these doors would be the kitchen counter top!

So drive into your garage, open the cabinet doors, then unload your groceries right into the kitchen...

Reply to
Bill

My Dad mentioned that concept to me, thirty some years ago. About that time, someone noticed that cars very rarely caught fire. As such, building codes now include fire wall, self closing door from the garage to the house, adn some other things. To build a pass through kitchen cabinet would lose most of the fire resistance.

Years ago, I took a fire protection course. We learned the #1 cause of home fires was smoking, #2 in frequency was heating devices, though heating devices were the #1 cause of damage, as they were usually out of sight.

We don't have firewalls around people who smoke in bed, nor self closing bedroom doors. I think that whole thing needs reevaluate.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

harry wrote in news:3d7cbf2e-568c-4355-90c8- snipped-for-privacy@g1g2000yqi.googlegroups.com:

You need to be a bit more selective of the mushrooms you eat from the woods.

Reply to
Red Green

This has got to be a troll, but what the heck...

re: "You will need a dock to place groceries before opening front door...steps to the door...all under roof/cover....Sitting groceries down on a dirty, garage floor does not compute."

At my house, I have a rather unique setup: It's called a "garage with a door into the kitchen".

I also have a unique way of getting the groceries into the house without "sitting them down on a dirty garage floor." I carry them directly from the vehicle into the kitchen. Novel...I know...but I'm a trendsetter.

Even when I don't want to (or, typically, don't have room to) pull into the garage, I am able to back up to the garage door - which is under an overhang - and unload completely under cover, once again using my radical "carry 'em from the vehicle into the kitchen" relocation technique.

re: Truth will set you free: John 8:32

Truth is, you have issues: DerbyDad03 9:18 PM

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Hard to make a fire break that way....

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Yes, the truth will set you free. And like the Easter bunny and Santa Claus, there is no "god", no Jesus, none of it. There's just us. That's the truth.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I used to be an atheist. I'd never want to go back.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reality is scary, but it beats fairy tales.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Who let you out of the nuthatch? Where are your keepers?

Reply to
tmclone

Back in "the old days" how old are you, take your horse by a better neighborhood and look at all the 80 yr old covered horse entrances.

Reply to
ransley

[Crying] What do you mean there is no easter bunny or Santa Claus? YOu liar, stop saying that stuff. Sniff sniff.
Reply to
Tony

I already have this. My house was built in 1948.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Um, homes are ALREADY being designed with that purpose in mind. Most new homes are designed with 2-car garages adjacent to the kitchen. Essentially, a glorified loading dock.

You back the car into the garage, close the door, and unload directly into the kitchen.

Reply to
mkirsch1
*** snip ***

I am city folk.

I grew up in NYC. Had a garage. Had an overhang. Had access to the house from the garage, also known as an "entrance".

I now live in another city. I already described my garage arrangement in an earlier post.

Next.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

So, what made you change your "mind?"

-Frank

Reply to
Frank Warner

I changed my mind from Atheist to Mormon when I felt the Spirit of the Lord during the lessons. Also, the message the missionaries taught me. Each new thing. I already knew it some how, but not by hearing it on Earth.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon