Entrances AreNOT Modern

Page 1 of 2

Hello,
Back in the old days we lived in small communities, where you would walk to the market area, and carry home your daily, meals-to-be- prepared groceries. There was no refrigeration etc. It was on this basis entrances to the home were contrived. Now many of us get paid twice or once a month, and some people get bonuses every few months and so on. This has changed our bringing-home-the-bacon methods. Now we use huge vehicles into which we pack huge amounts of groceries. I do monthly shopping and pack a truck. I drive 30 miles to my favourite store and back = 60 miles for the “monthly” shopping, but through the month, pick up some things locally.
As you can see due to the change in food packaging and shopping habits, we must change the entrances to homes. We will need a glorified loading dock of sorts, from now on, on newly built homes, and itwill have to be something somewhat inexpensive. Here are examples of specs: The steps and/or part of the walkway to the door will need to be under roof/cover. Youwill need a dock to place groceries before opening front door; the dock will, of course, need to be under roof/cover. If thereare steps to the door, they too will need to be under roof/cover: in other words you will walk up your steps, to the door - all under roof/cover. The idea is to be able to open your door without having to stand in the rain to do so, but to have been able to first sit down the groceries in a safe, clean, dry place. Sitting groceries down on a dirty, garage floor doesnot compute, therefore thereis no easy way out on this.
Truly
Truth will set you free: John 8:32
Add pictures here
βœ–
[...]
Maybe we should start eating like humans
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yes, the truth will set you free. And like the Easter bunny and Santa Claus, there is no "god", no Jesus, none of it. There's just us. That's the truth.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I used to be an atheist. I'd never want to go back.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Reality is scary, but it beats fairy tales.
-- aem sends...
Add pictures here
βœ–
*** snip ***

I am city folk.
I grew up in NYC. Had a garage. Had an overhang. Had access to the house from the garage, also known as an "entrance".
I now live in another city. I already described my garage arrangement in an earlier post.
Next.
Add pictures here
βœ–
So, what made you change your "mind?"
-Frank
--
Here's some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com /

Then I stand by my assertion that you were never an atheist. An atheist would have laughed the LDS missionaries right out of the room, drunk -- er -- filled with the spirit of the lord or not.
BTW, "atheist" isn't capitalized. And top-posting is a sure way to end up in hell for all eternity. You know, infinite punishment for finite sins and all.
-Frank
--
Here's some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com /

In order for that to happen, you would have to ALREADY believe, in order to interpret it that way.

So you believe garbage just because some idiot claims to?

There's only one such place accessible to a human being. That is your imagination. There's nothing there that you didn't put there.
[snip improperly placed, improperly formatted, and irresponsible sig]
--
"Never underestimate the power of stupid
people in large groups"
Ashton Crusher wrote:

[Crying] What do you mean there is no easter bunny or Santa Claus? YOu liar, stop saying that stuff. Sniff sniff.
Add pictures here
βœ–
NotX opined:

And Frank Warner added his two cents' worth:

Ah, yes, insults: the last resort of those who know nothing about which they speak. If you knew what you were talking about, you'd at least be able to refute Stormin' Mormon's position based on facts, not on your opinion.
Have you studied Christianity? (And Stormin' Mormon and I can have our own separate debate about whether or not LDS is Christian.) Are you familiar with the historical contexts of the sacred texts? Have you read any of them in the original languages?
I also love how so many critics of faith cite example after example of misdeeds, but neglect the far larger body of evidence of people whose lives were changed for the better, of the sacrifices made to lift up those who were downtrodden, of the sacrifices made. An estimated 20 million Christians were killed in the 20th century because of their faith, but yeah, you want to say Christians are deluded or evil or both.

No, that's not the truth, that's your opinion. Yes, there is no scientific proof of the existence of God; nor is there any scientific proof that God does not exist. Your statement is simply your belief, and no matter how often you say it, it doesn't become Truth.
Your "truth" is either a lie, or ignorant: there is documented historical evidence for the existence of a man from the Galilee region of Palestine named Yeshua, who was executed by the Romans for sedition, and whose followers claimed he rose from the dead which the leaders at the time were not able to refute.
The lesson here: don't try to fight knowledge with ignorance and insults. You will lose.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Hello,
Now many of us get paid twice or once a month, and some people get bonuses every few months and so on.
WTF are you talking about?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Not to worry, the government in its wisdom is going to turn the clock back. Soon only a few ill have jobs and those who do, will be forced to use public transportation. So the entrances that exist will be adequate for the bag of groceries you can bring home on the bus or train. See the Portland plan, / the vanishing automobile one example, http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=10963
Add pictures here
βœ–
Eric in North TX wrote:

Wasn't that tried in The Soviet Union? Worked for a while.
TDD
Add pictures here
βœ–

The new house design should be a garage situated next to the kitchen.
And cabinet like doors which open up in the garage. On the other side of these doors would be the kitchen counter top!
So drive into your garage, open the cabinet doors, then unload your groceries right into the kitchen...
Add pictures here
βœ–
My Dad mentioned that concept to me, thirty some years ago. About that time, someone noticed that cars very rarely caught fire. As such, building codes now include fire wall, self closing door from the garage to the house, adn some other things. To build a pass through kitchen cabinet would lose most of the fire resistance.
Years ago, I took a fire protection course. We learned the #1 cause of home fires was smoking, #2 in frequency was heating devices, though heating devices were the #1 cause of damage, as they were usually out of sight.
We don't have firewalls around people who smoke in bed, nor self closing bedroom doors. I think that whole thing needs reevaluate.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Bill wrote: