Entertainment Center Scratches

Just purchased a new entertainment center. When i set my television on the TV stand, it left small scratches in the wood finish. I would like to prevent these scratches from becoming larger as i move the TV to clean &/or hookup stereo equipment. Does anyone recommend a certain product to place under the TV that would stop this damage or any other solutions. I considered buying a piece of felt & cutting it to the dimension of my TV to place between the TV & wood surface.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Patrick

Reply to
PatrickMcQuillen

I have been known to cut single-ply cardboard (the stuff they use for cereal boxes) for this purpose...put your equipment over it, trace and cut with scissors.

If you've really got a some time on your hands, you could cut scrap laminate. Or you could just buy some of that rubberized shelf paper stuff they sell at walmart for $1.34.

Reply to
kellyj00

I recently purchased an HDTV and during the first few weeks I had to move it a few times to connect other components. What I did was put masking tape on the front edge to prevent scratching. When I was done I simply pulled the tape off. I didn't care about under the TV since I was never going to see it anyway.

Reply to
Mikepier

You're working way too hard. Go get a hand towel of the appropriate color and size and just put it under the TV. No more scratches and the TV is much easier to angle to one side or the other for viewing. Nobody is going to notice.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN