Ennybody use the new endoscopes?

I saw several endoscope type devices at the Borg the other day. I have to admit, there's been many a time when being able to see around a corner, or inside a wall would have been a big help.

Ennybody have one? Likes? Dislikes?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I picked up the Ridgid SeeSnake Micro about half a year ago. It paid for itself on the first job.

I had to trace out a leak that showed up under a recently renovated bathroom. I pulled out the bad ceiling drywall and saw that the leak was running down a pipe that ran down an exterior wall. Maybe a frozen pipe over the winter...?

The SeeSnake allowed me to follow the pipe up inside the wall and I found the exact location of the leak. It was in a the best possible location for a bad location leak, so I was lucky. The only other alternative would have been to start tearing into that nice tile wall.

Since then I have used it for a lot of different things, and for a fairly inexpensive tool, it's not half bad. The LCD screen could be a little bigger and a little brighter, but it does the job. I compared it to the Milwaukee unit and I decided to get the less expensive Ridgid with the more flexible cable. I figured if I didn't like it I could always return it and get the Milwaukee.

The Ridgid takes 3' extensions, and you can use a bunch of them, but they're not cheap and I have no experience with them.

RicodJour