Engineering problem

Please don't sneer! This has been bugging me for ages.
Orange pails from Home Despot. Carrying handle comes off. I go to put it back. One side goes in one way; the other upside down. Put one in, the other won't go.
How were these put together in the first place? Is it just brute force required to put handle back?
Or?...
It isn't the damn individual pail... it's my seeming inability to solve problem!
HB
On 7/6/14, 12:16 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

magically appears. It's probably a familiar feeling to DIY types. Myself included, incidentally.
On 7/6/14, 1:30 PM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

I imagine I'd use pliers to apply torque to the wire. If the ends are bent in opposite directions, twisting one end wouldn't pop the other end out.
On 7/6/2014 1:16 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

It looks as though the automated assembly equipment bends the loop over _after_ it is inserted in the hole. To repair, I'd partly straighten one loop, hook the other in place, insert the other one and re-bend it to hold. But honestly, I don't think that I've had one of those handles come loose except when I've actually ripped the plastic by doing something like hauling concrete rubble in the bucket.
On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 10:16:47 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

You'll need to return all the orange buckets to the Home and then purchase new gray ones from Lowes!!!
'Higgs Boson[_2_ Wrote:

Would flipping the handle onto the other side of the pail solve the problem?
Wouldn't that result in the handle turning "upside down" on the other side?
Also, I would grip the end of the handle with a pair of vice grips and twist it to get it into the pail. The handle is fairly long and can handle quite a bit of torsion before it deforms permanently.
--
nestork

Higgs,
I don't understand the problem. You can manipulate both the handle and it's seating point. Pliers and/or a screw driver and you're done. 2 minutes at most. This fellow uses clothesline.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru--zSovy9E
He should have put a handle on the clothesline so it won't chafe his hands
Dave M.

did you save the warranty card?