engineered or solid wood flooring

Hi, Has anyone here have experiences with solid and engineered flooring? I'm curious which is warmer to the feet during canadian winter? I have a laminate on my floor right now and its freezing cold to the feet I want to put my carpet back on.

Reply to
kelly

I think the solid feels warmer but that it's a mind thing. I'm one of those people that likes real wood flooring so much that it feels warmer.

Reply to
roger61611

I think the solid feels warmer but that it's a mind thing. I'm one of those people that likes real wood flooring so much that it feels warmer.

Reply to
roger61611

They can both be cold. In my house, I have some engineered wood over concrete slab and it does feel cold. I have some laminate over top of a sub-floor and it is not quite as cold.

IMO, nothing beats real hardwood. Put a rug in front of the sofa and chairs to keep your feet warmer.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

you can repair scratches yourself if you go with the real hardwood. in the process of having a room redone. will use bona mega water base. that way the floor will not get the yellow tint later. easy to repair scratches.

Reply to
jdk