Engineered Hardwood Floors over Solid Hardwood Floors

I recently bought my first home (1925) and pulled out all the carpets to find 3/8" hardwood floors underneath. My floorers refused to sand the downstairs floors because the boards were coming apart as they were taking the staples and nails out form the carpet. They think it has already been sanded and that there isn't enough to sand on the lip now.

I have had another floorer recommend that I put engineered hardwood down over the orginal. Is there an advantage to this?

Carey McDougall

Reply to
careymcdougall

Yes, it is easy to install and looks good. OTOH, it is fairly easy to put a good hardwood floor either over top of this or removed and replace it. That is just my choice. Many other types of flooring can be used also.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski