Energy Saving Bulbs

I was just wondering if a dim switch can be used on energy saving bulbs?

Thanks for any help

MoxieMouse

Reply to
MoxieMouse

If by "energy saving bulbs" you mean compact flourescents ("CF" bulbs), yes there are ones labeled for use with dimmers, others won't.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Yes, thats what I was actually meaning, Thanks Jeff for the info...

Rob

Reply to
MoxieMouse

There are some 3-way CF bulbs for 3-way table lamps, but I have never noticed ones that would work with a dimmer, since I believe they are either on or off and the ballast may not work properly at lower voltage (the 3-ways have 2 different elements at different wattage).

Reply to
David Efflandt

Philips makes a 23 watt dimmable one. See if you can still find it at Sears or Home Depot. Otherwise, last time I checked, bulbs.com sold Philips products.

Don Klipstein