Energy Saving Bulbs

I was just wondering if a dim switch can be used on energy saving bulbs?
Thanks for any help
MoxieMouse

MoxieMouse wrote:

If by "energy saving bulbs" you mean compact flourescents ("CF" bulbs), yes there are ones labeled for use with dimmers, others won't.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Yes, thats what I was actually meaning, Thanks Jeff for the info...
Rob

There are some 3-way CF bulbs for 3-way table lamps, but I have never noticed ones that would work with a dimmer, since I believe they are either on or off and the ballast may not work properly at lower voltage (the 3-ways have 2 different elements at different wattage).

Philips makes a 23 watt dimmable one. See if you can still find it at Sears or Home Depot. Otherwise, last time I checked, bulbs.com sold Philips products.