energy credit for new A/C

we replaced our A/C unit with a new energy efficient (SEER 18) rated one and for 2006 there are energy tax credits ($300) for such an installation (I did mine in 12/2005)
was there a similar program for the tax year 2005 ?
http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=products.pr_tax_credits#chart

Nope!
And if you had waited, you could have gotten a 21 SEER for cheaper than what you paid for yours!
SUCKER!!!!!
they make 21 seer ?

Actually Carrier has a 21 SEER Infinity A/C unit that's supposed to be out at the end the of the month. The heat pump will be 19 SEER.....
in message

the units are ARI rated
The super high efficency units cost so much more than the regular ones the tax credit will be a drop in the bucket. espically if you live in a moderate climate.
might be worth it in miami, but in nortern maine there are few cooling days to recoop the energy savings

Right. They can say all they want. But until the units are actually "on the shelf", I'm not believing anything.
Here is the 19 SEER: http://www.residential.carrier.com/products/acheatpumps/heatpumps/infinity.shtml

Oh. and they ARE ARI rated.....
http://xpedio.carrier.com/idc/groups/public/documents/marketing/01-824-001-25-010606.pdf?SMSESSION=NO
On 10 Feb 2006 18:23:54 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

27.............if you want that in Geothermal (Climatemaster) Bubba