Energizer leaky batteries

Page 2 of 2
On 5/7/15 6:33 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

could cause irritation.
Alkalines produce hydrogen when dead, and that blows seals. When did the light and the walkie talkie last work okay?
An Eneloop should hold its charge for years, and I don't recall seeing a leaky NiMH. If I spend $40 on a flashlight, that seems like an important consideration.
On 5/7/2015 8:45 PM, J Burns wrote:

BUT, once you start using them, that shelf life goes WAY down. Don't remember them defining exactly what was happening chemically.
On 5/8/2015 12:10 AM, mike wrote:

I'll try and remember to ask. OTOH, the phone drone won't know.
On 5/7/2015 11:45 PM, J Burns wrote:

I doubt it....

CY: Didn't know that. Anyhow, the light worked a couple months ago, and the batteries were in the walkie talkie less than a year.

CY: I've also never seen leaky NiMH. I've seen leaky NiCd once.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Duracell I put in on wall clock leaked and died in couple months not even past expiry date.
Got some no name AA Lithium cells from eBay. This thing is worse than Alkaline ones. Doesn't even last a year.
On 5/9/2015 11:02 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Sad to hear. I guess the quality of alkaline cells isn't what it used to be?