Energizer AA cheap

And for a few cheap batteries, you give away personal information to Walmart. It must seem like a good deal, if you're a moron.

Reply to
None

How much have you used the Magazine? I mean, 1 toaster oven? ;)

Reply to
gonjah

LOL

What the hell. They probably have it anyway.

Reply to
gonjah

Metspitzer

Just got back from Walmart, got two 8-packs of AA batteries for $6.37 plus

7.25% tax = $6.83 each x 2 = $13.66. Add $0.46 for postage, have $14.1 2 total invested, less $10.00 from Walmart = $4.12 for 16 AA batteries = $.26 per battery. Had to search around Walmart to find the batteries with the blue sticker on the front. Took a while to get the blue sticker off the front of the pack age, it was held in place by a slightly larger sticky cellophane square. T hen once the cellophane was off, I had to separate the blue folder from the cellophance. Now it is on to the web site to type in the 11 character pas scode which is different on each blue sticker, hidden inside so you must re move the cellophane to get the code.
Reply to
hrhofmann

Oh no, Walmart will know that I buy batteries!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I must have a personal curse of leaky batteries. I've had leakers of the three major brands. Last year (2013, way back then) I had a bunch leak, new in th box. Some Energizer D cells, and some Rayovac D cells. E sent me coupons, and R sent me replacement batteries. Both were very nice about it.

My curse rubbed off, a friend had Duracell D cells leak in his good mag light. He's got two grand kids who leave things turned on.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Please let us know when and if the rebate arrives. That's the questionable point.

Maybe I'll do that, tomorrow. If the truck starts. That's a good price for Energizer AA.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've used both the Kirklands and the Duracells, extensively. They both last about the same time. However, the kirklands have been likely to leak over long periods of non-use in my experience. Replacement on a schedule, rather than when they no longer work, has alleviated that issue, and the kirklands still remain less expensive than the duracells.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

...and a blender, which they said was the greatest ice crusher of all time. It wasn't even close. I've read enough issues to know they are da' bunk.

My all time fave was an annual car issue, back in the late 80s. They rated a Toyota model as awesome, killer, can't go wrong. They then rated a Chevy model as unreliable, mediocre, not a good purchase. Both models were the exact same car off the exact same assy line at the Fremont CA NUMMI plant. Only the name badges were different. Da' bunk.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Toyota was rated number one by the Taliban.

Metspitzer

That doesn't sound right. Can you cite the issue? I'd like to read that.

Again, can you cite the issue? What models are you referring to?

Reply to
gonjah

Oops. Just snapped "late 80s" Never mind. :)

Reply to
gonjah

I don't know of a brand that doesn't leak,

Reply to
gonjah

The web site said the $10 gift card would arrive in 6-8 weeks, I wll post when it arrives, don't hold your breath waiting!!!

Reply to
hrhofmann

Thanks, I may wish to breathe some time in there. Is it OK if I stand on one foot, and hold my mouth like this?

Stormin Mormon

Better deal: it's strongly suspected that the Duracell Ion Core rechargeable NiMH cells that are now in most stores around $11/4-pack are rebranded Sanyo (now Panasonic) Eneloop XX 2400 mAh cells. (they simply haven't been on the market long enough for anyone to do long term self-discharge or multiple cycle tests on them yet, but they are seriously looking like the real deal.) I've already got all the NiMH cells I need at the moment but it is reassuring that good quality rechargeables are now available in stores at a reasonable price without having to faff about online. Buy those for your devices that need them and a Maha C9000 charger, a few packs of Energizer Lithiums for long term storage/emergency/prepper type stuff, and never buy cells again.

I'm done with alkalines... too many leaks.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I bought a pack of Kirkland Signature AA batteries a couple of years ago and started installing them in the 10 or so wall clocks in our office when needed.

Now, when a clock stops and I go to replace the single AA battery in it I find (every time) that the Kirkland AA has leaked chemicals out of one or both ends, necessitating my having to clean off the contacts before I put in a new (NOT Kirkland) battery.

I never ran into that kind of problem in recent decades with other battery manufacturers' products. I suppose I could keep a schedule of when I replaced a battery in a clock and put in a new one early enough to prevent leaking, but I've got enough to deal with here already.

I wrote to Costco about this over a month ago and so far have received nothing but an acknowledgement of receipt of that message.

Never again Kirkland batteries for me.

(You never get more than you pay for y'know.)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I've recently had the same problem with both Duracell and Energizer AAs. The only reason to buy the brand names is the warranty. If you're into sending stuff back, buy them. Otherwise, buy cheap and replace often.

Paying more is no guaranty of getting any more.

Reply to
krw

Well, here it's only four days after my post and I just got a call from a very pleasant lady in consumer relations at Procter and Gamble in Cincinnati who told me they're the ones who make the Kirkland batteries.

I told her I'd sealed up two of those leaky AAs in a plastic bag just in case someone cared to see them. She said that if I'd send them to her she'd see that I received a check for twenty bucks to cover the postage and time spent.

I'll take it....

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia