Energizer AA cheap

Page 2 of 3

http://www.nzbindex.nl/groups/alt.binaries.e-book.magazines/?q=consumer+reports&sort=agedesc&max%0&more=1
Add pictures here
✖

...and a blender, which they said was the greatest ice crusher of all time. It wasn't even close. I've read enough issues to know they are da' bunk.
My all time fave was an annual car issue, back in the late 80s. They rated a Toyota model as awesome, killer, can't go wrong. They then rated a Chevy model as unreliable, mediocre, not a good purchase. Both models were the exact same car off the exact same assy line at the Fremont CA NUMMI plant. Only the name badges were different. Da' bunk.
nb
Add pictures here
✖

Toyota was rated number one by the Taliban. https://www.google.com/search?q=taliban+toyota&client=firefox-a&hs=jVe&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=np&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei ÕTNUoH_O8KWrgGurIHgCg&ved AkQ_AUoAQ&biw50&biht3#channel=np&q=taliban+toyota+truck&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch

Add pictures here
✖
On 1/8/2014 10:45 AM, notbob wrote:

That doesn't sound right. Can you cite the issue? I'd like to read that.

Again, can you cite the issue? What models are you referring to?
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/8/2014 4:21 PM, gonjah wrote:

Oops. Just snapped "late 80s" Never mind. :)
Add pictures here
✖

I've used both the Kirklands and the Duracells, extensively. They both last about the same time. However, the kirklands have been likely to leak over long periods of non-use in my experience. Replacement on a schedule, rather than when they no longer work, has alleviated that issue, and the kirklands still remain less expensive than the duracells.
Add pictures here
✖
gonjah wrote:

I bought a pack of Kirkland Signature AA batteries a couple of years ago and started installing them in the 10 or so wall clocks in our office when needed.
Now, when a clock stops and I go to replace the single AA battery in it I find (every time) that the Kirkland AA has leaked chemicals out of one or both ends, necessitating my having to clean off the contacts before I put in a new (NOT Kirkland) battery.
I never ran into that kind of problem in recent decades with other battery manufacturers' products. I suppose I could keep a schedule of when I replaced a battery in a clock and put in a new one early enough to prevent leaking, but I've got enough to deal with here already.
I wrote to Costco about this over a month ago and so far have received nothing but an acknowledgement of receipt of that message.
Never again Kirkland batteries for me.
(You never get more than you pay for y'know.)
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

I've recently had the same problem with both Duracell and Energizer AAs. The only reason to buy the brand names is the warranty. If you're into sending stuff back, buy them. Otherwise, buy cheap and replace often.

Paying more is no guaranty of getting any more.
Add pictures here
✖
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Well, here it's only four days after my post and I just got a call from a very pleasant lady in consumer relations at Procter and Gamble in Cincinnati who told me they're the ones who make the Kirkland batteries.
I told her I'd sealed up two of those leaky AAs in a plastic bag just in case someone cared to see them. She said that if I'd send them to her she'd see that I received a check for twenty bucks to cover the postage and time spent.
I'll take it....
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
On 2/20/2014 8:21 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

Glad someone still send rebates. Radio Shack still owes me $40 for the cell phone I bought in 2006.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

An even better offer http://mojosavings.com/energizer-batteries-0-37-walmart/
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/6/2014 9:49 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

Here in western NC the local Ingles grocery store frequently has Ray-O-Vac Alkalines (4 AA or 4 AAA or 2 C) on sale, 10 packs for $10. But, the good news here is, you only need buy one for the price. So, that's .25 per battery (AA or AAA). And, even better, when Ray-O-Vac runs their $1 off coupon for any of their packages, that comes to $0; you pay the NC tax only ... of course, you only buy on at a time, with a coupon.
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/7/2014 9:23 AM, Art Todesco wrote:

Hmm. I think Dollar Tree has four AA or AAA alkalines for a buck.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/07/14 09:23 am, Art Todesco wrote:

Ray-O-Vac batteries are the only ones I've ever had leak badly enough that I had to get the device in which they were installed replaced. It was only a flashlight, and they replaced it.
Perce
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/7/2014 10:12 AM, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

I must have a personal curse of leaky batteries. I've had leakers of the three major brands. Last year (2013, way back then) I had a bunch leak, new in th box. Some Energizer D cells, and some Rayovac D cells. E sent me coupons, and R sent me replacement batteries. Both were very nice about it.
My curse rubbed off, a friend had Duracell D cells leak in his good mag light. He's got two grand kids who leave things turned on.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/7/2014 9:12 AM, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

I don't know of a brand that doesn't leak,
Add pictures here
✖
Just got back from Walmart, got two 8-packs of AA batteries for $6.37 plus 7.25% tax = $6.83 each x 2 = $13.66. Add $0.46 for postage, have $14.1 2 total invested, less $10.00 from Walmart = $4.12 for 16 AA batteries = $.26 per battery. Had to search around Walmart to find the batteries with the blue sticker on the front. Took a while to get the blue sticker off the front of the pack age, it was held in place by a slightly larger sticky cellophane square. T hen once the cellophane was off, I had to separate the blue folder from the cellophance. Now it is on to the web site to type in the 11 character pas scode which is different on each blue sticker, hidden inside so you must re move the cellophane to get the code.
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/7/2014 10:24 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Please let us know when and if the rebate arrives. That's the questionable point.
Maybe I'll do that, tomorrow. If the truck starts. That's a good price for Energizer AA.
--
.
Christopher A. Young