Energizer AA cheap

Page 1 of 3
They are running a deal. By 2 packs of 8 AA. It cost me about 13 bucks. You get a 10 buck Walmart card back after entering the codes in the battery package.
On 1/6/2014 6:06 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

Is the form printed on the package? Is this only at Walmart?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

The package has a small insert with a code. The energizer site wants the code from both packages. I got mine at Walmart. I don't know if the offer is for anywhere else.
On 1/6/2014 7:14 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

First, thank you for helping us save money on things we use (most folks use AA cells...) Is there something on the outside, so we know which are the coupon ones? I'll admit, I'm not all that happy with rebates, after the $40 rebate I never got from Radio Shack.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

You are welcome.
The package looks the same except there is a blue label the size of a postage stamp in the center of the clear plastic that houses the batteries.
https://www.google.com/search?q=energizer+rebate&client=firefox-a&hs=W3N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=np&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=q2bLUva0A83fkQebtIGoCw&sqi=2&ved AcQ_AUoAQ&biw50&biht3#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=oH2mlyAb3_H4AM%3A%3BNsxVQae1Wd-c5M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fmojosavings.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F11%252Fenergizer-batteries-with-rebate-offer.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fmojosavings.com%252Fenergizer-batteries-0-37-walmart%252F%3B420%3B412

BTW all they asked for was name, address, email and the codes. They didn't even ask for a receipt. I just checked the email address I furnished and there is no email with instructions to mail in a receipt.

And for a few cheap batteries, you give away personal information to Walmart. It must seem like a good deal, if you're a moron.
On 1/7/2014 6:39 PM, None wrote:

LOL
What the hell. They probably have it anyway.
On 01/07/2014 04:39 PM, None wrote:

Oh no, Walmart will know that I buy batteries!
Jon
On 1/6/2014 9:30 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

Has a length of 4,347 characters, and leads to: http://mojosavings.com/energizer-batteries-0-37-walmart/
Sounds fun. Wonder if they actually send the rebate?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/6/2014 5:06 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

Best place I've seen for alkaline batteries is Costco. Kirkland Signature AA are rated almost as good as Duracell and cost $.50 per. Energizer Max and Gold are rated lower and cost more per Consumer Reports.
On 1/6/2014 7:54 PM, gonjah wrote:

I was planning to chime in about Costco batteries as well. Been using them for years and they last a long time. I don't even use Duracell or Energizer anymore unless they come with a new device.

3 bucks/16 batteries = $.20 bucks per battery.
On 1/6/2014 8:38 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

Sure, for 16 batteries. They have been about .50 at Costco as long as I remember.
On 1/6/2014 9:38 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

Farther east than that, BJ's Wholesale Club has some kind of house brand of AA cell, which have worked for me.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I don't know who rated what, but I do know KGO (channel 7) News, in San Francisco, did a battery throwdown, every Christmas, for years. They put about 6-7 brand name batteries in a buncha those little toy monkies that jump up and down and crash two cymbols together. IOW, a motorized toy, which is a good test of batteries. Last toy running wins. Energizers have won by several hours for years.
Another test, one I did inadvertently. I put brand new AA Duracells in a mini-maglite in my van, one winter. It got down to about 25 deg F and when I came out next morning at o'-dark-thirty and turned on my maglite, zip! Nada! Not even a weak dull orange glow. Later that day, I checked again and the flashlight came on full strength. Next moring, another sub-freezing night, dead as a doornail! I changed to Energizers and never had that cold weather problem ever again.
Now living in CO, so I don't see channel 7, anymore, but do know I'll never waste money on a Copper-Flop, ever again. ;)
nb
On 1/7/2014 10:52 AM, notbob wrote:

Thanks for the field report. Now that it's near zero, I ought to put some different brand of batteries out. Or, I can go out and see which brands are in the vehicles, and try them. Check the flash light in the van, for example.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/7/2014 9:52 AM, notbob wrote:

The ratings were in the January Consumer Reports (page 7). I don't usually get Duracells unless I need some right away. Can't recall any issues. Someone once told me that Duracels were "oversized" so after you use them you won't be able to use other batteries. I don't know if that's true either. All sorts of rumors out there about battrees. :)
The Consumer Reports rated the Duracells #1 but suggests the Kirkland Signature (#2) is the "best buy" coming in at 1/4 the price of Energizers and Duracells.

CR is da' bunk! I once bought their top rated toaster oven. Junk.
nb
On 1/7/2014 6:36 PM, notbob wrote:

How much have you used the Magazine? I mean, 1 toaster oven? ;)