EMT tool-less connector???

Salvaged some old EMT for reuse with some tool-free connectors that turn out to be quite neat to use--they're similar in appearance to a pipe fitting solder connector with just a couple of dimples pressed into the barrel on each end. In use, you simply drive the conduit in and it's there; not compression nuts to tighten nor the ugly external screws in the screw-type.
Anyway, the question -- anybody seen these or know a source? I quick search didn't uncover them; I can't make out a manufacturer mark more than an uppercase 'M' and a patent-pending to try to identify...
I'm liking them a lot but there are only a bare few around from some old scraps...these may date from the '60s; I've no way to know...
On 2016-05-08 5:56 PM, dpb wrote:

http://www.bptfittings.com/Home/ProductFinder?sel75,378
From Google.
--
"It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it's
been through a blender first.
On 05/08/2016 8:14 PM, Idlehands wrote:

Interesting but seem to be only box termination, no connectors...quite a lot different in execution with the spring fingers than these...
It appears likely they didn't make it as a long-term product...

Why are the screws ugly?
I think you are referring to the old 50's connectors, where you just dimple the fitting to attach it. I believe they had a special tool to dimple them. When I was doing electrical work, I ran into many that were in use, but never saw them in the stores. I think they were a phase which then vanished. They were a major pain in the ass to remove, so I think that was one reason they stopped using them.
On 05/08/2016 6:56 PM, dpb wrote:

Followup on the "who" ...
I came across some additional pieces-parts in the salvage--anybody able to identify a manufacturer from the initials MT? That's on some single-hole hangers which also use a similar dimple as the couplings so thinking is same. But still nothing more...
I did do some more searching and haven't found anything currently on the market similar to the couplings but they're surely handy and think they'd be cheap to produce as compared to either of the present alternatives. Wonder why they didn't catch on...

Could it be "metallic tubing"?

Probably not reliable enough due to a friction fit.
Or perhaps the unions thought they were too easy for joe homeowner to use.
On 05/10/2016 8:27 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Of course it's metallic tubing! It's EMT. <Sorry, de' debbil _made_ me do it!!!> <v>
No, I'm certain it's a manufacturer's mark, just don't recognize it and searching didn't seem to find a viable still-existing candidate. Then again, as noted, these are probably from early '60s or maybe even somewhat earlier; they're on pieces taken from service and been in the barn loft since that I've been recycling when can find use for...am running some new 3-phase service to a farther corner of the barn had cleaned out to turn into woodworking shop on permanent basis so had gone through the piles/buckets/boxes to retrieve usable pieces-parts and came across a few of these...

Seem perfectly ok to me...after some 50+ yr these still have to be driven off of existing tubing and when installed there shouldn't be any significant longitudinal force on the conduit that has sufficient room to go anywhere...
I wondered about the "concrete tight" issue, but don't see they're any worse than the screw-type that are listed.

Who knows on that score...I've a cousin who's IBEW and not too much younger than I; maybe I'll ask him if he knows anything about 'em.
They make such a neat installation besides, though, given the minimal profile. They're "just cute" and while nothing earth-shaking or that can't do without, if could find 'em I'd stockpile a bunch...
On 05/10/2016 8:46 AM, dpb wrote:

Oh, I see I mis-remembered -- the mark is actually MW, not MT...not that it'll likely make any difference.

On 05/10/2016 12:41 PM, dpb wrote: ...

Shoulda' searched first...apparently M&W Electric (since 1933), <www.mwelectric.com>
Their catalog doesn't show anything except the ubiquitous compression and set-screw type thinwall fittings, however; this puppy is no more. Their one-hole conduit clamps are now stamped and appear much lighter than these oldies, as well; disappointing.

Raco still has them in their catalog: http://www.hubbell-rtb.com/p-114-emt-indenter-couplings-and-tools
You need the tool to make the dimple crimp that locks the coupling on to the connector: http://www.hubbell-rtb.com/p-115-emt-indenter-couplings-and-tools
John Grabowski http://www.MrElectrician.TV
On 05/10/2016 8:37 PM, John G wrote: ...

http://www.hubbell-rtb.com/p-115-emt-indenter-couplings-and-tools ...
Ah, thanks...same product, different manufacturer; hadn't found them in anybody's catalog as didn't have the keyword "indenter"...
I found a couple listings on eBay that aren't bad deal for couplings and connectors; I should've realized the dimple/indention is field-installation.
I'll have to see but I _think_ I can adapt a one or t'other crimpers I've got to suit the purpose; if had to actually by both tools at full price would probably sour me for the gain otherwise.
Anyway, glad for the pointer/link, precisely what was looking for.