Empty Where Dishwasher Used To be

Hi,
My dishwasher has finally kicked the bucket. I am not really intrested in buying a new one as we rarely used this one. I was looking for Ideas on what to do with this space. I saw some put together cabinets at lowes, Do they make a size that would fit and how do you trim it out. Any Ideas would be appreciated.
Cyberdock
When I did that I just lined the inside with melamine and put shelves in it. I came up with some doors later but we used it as an open pantry for a while.
cyberdock wrote:

Was there something non-standard about the installation? If not, the hole should be a standard size, fillable with a stock sized kitchen cabinet. Of course you might have trouble coming up with a perfect match to your other cabinets, but that depends on how important that is to you. Would "getting close" do it? If so, then start shopping for a base cabinet (I think standard width for dishwasher openings is 30", but memory could be fading on that one).
--
The real Tom Pendergast [ So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
aka I-zheet M'drurz [ have some sympathy, and some taste.

Most dish washers are 24 inch width. A standard size in base cabinets. W W
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:31:45 -0600, "Warren Weber"

Sounds like its going to be fairly easy project..
cyerdock

i think ive even seen special washer fit cabinets made just to fill the space where a washer used to be.
randy
If you can't find an exact match you could fill it with some kind of roll around cabinet.
Something like this
http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId 101&storeId&productId645&langId=-1&parentCats110*10255
Certain high end kitchens have this as an option.

Sounds like a good place to put your gun rack, and keep spare parts for your demo car. If you got ta trim it out, just use some duck tape.
Redneck69

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 04:47:10 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@demoderby.com wrote:

Winter's a comin'. Why not put the dawg inner there?
Git 'em a big litter box, tho.
Have a nice one...
Trent