Empty Caulking Container

Anyone know if you can buy an empty caulking tub/container? The type that fit into a caulking gun so you can load it with your own caulk or grout. I know there's always the grout bag option but thought it might be easier if using a gun. I'm trying to grout travertine without getting grout in the indentations and all over the face of the tile.

RV

Reply to
Evo

Just a WAG, but if the grout isn't too stiff, how about trying a cake decorating gun, something like this?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Long ago and far away, I remember using a caulking gun that you loaded from a can of putty. Ditto with grease guns. How about using the bag you use to decorate cakes?? Real small tips are available. Disposable bags too. Any good kitchen store.

Reply to
professorpaul

that looks like it might work, nice find and thanks

RV

Reply to
Evo

Sure, they have these at most concrete supply stores and they are available from a few other suppliers. They are the larger size caulk guns, not the small ones.

Here is one that is powered by a drill. I have never used one like this.

Here is another refillable type:

Robert Allison

Thanks. the smaller one is what I'm looking for. I went to HD the other day and no one new what I was talking about. But that can be expected!

RV

Reply to
Evo

Buy a tube of 99cent caulk. Caulk along the sill in your basement or anywhere else, to empty is. Pop the plastic push thingie out by shoving something like a 1/4" rod thru the tip, and clean everything well. You got an empty...... Even if you do find them, you'll probably pay over 99cents anyhow, and there are always cracks along those sills.

Reply to
maradcliff

IMHO:

I've heard of people using disposible cake decorating, pastery bags with long tips.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great