emporite table tops

I saw an "Emporite" table in a store yesterday, its like a polished woodgrain finish - and I think it would be extremely susceptible to scratching.

Its approximately 1.5m x 900 mm so its a standard kitchen size - just wondering what to cover it with to ensure it doesnt scratch when not in use - a thin sheet of plastic perhaps? A tablecloth would defeat the purpose of having such a nice table...

And are they polish-able when and if they do scratch slightly?

thanks/

Reply to
Winslow.