EMPIRE wall furnaces only 78% efficient

Most modern furnaces are in the 90-95% efficiency bracket!

EMPIRE needs to put more fins or baffles in their heat exchangers.(Maybe lower the fuel burning rate?)

DO YOU THINK THEY ARE WAITING ON PURPOSE? DO YOU THINK THEY WANT YOU TO BUY ONE NOW! THEN, WHEN FUEL PRICES GO WAY UP IN A FEW YEARS-THEY CAN SELL YOU ANOTHER ONE ! (THEIR IMPROVED HIGH EFFICIENCY MODEL)????

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
misterfact

Actually, MOST, as in the most number sold, are in the 80% range, since most people are shopping price...and thats FORCED air..not Empires floor or wall units.

What unit are you talking about? Empire makes several models, counterflows, in floors, gravity units..gas logs and stoves...

Or you could just buy something a bit better to start with.. instead of bitching about it...dont like it, dont buy it. Its that simple. EcoTherm, now Empire, was never big on efficiency.

Reply to
CBHvac

I got an old used high standing empire that is probably 20 years old. I fitted it in a narrow space. I'de like to replace it with one of the SAME DIMENSIONS that is EFFICIENT! Unfortunately, I'll have to go to another mfgr. THANKS A LOT, EMPIRE! THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR "UNDERSTANDING" CBvac!

Reply to
misterfact

If you don't want to listen to someone with experience in the field (e.g. CBHvac), your comments are irrelevant. A little knowledge is dangerous.

jb

Reply to
John Barry

I'm happy to listen to anyone experienced in the field. Is there anyone experienced in the field who can recommend an EFFICIENT propane wall heater that will fit in the space of my piece of gas guzzling CRAP by EMPIRE. The space is 18" wide by 76" high. The flue outlet centerline is 66" from the floor. Obviously John Barry is no help! snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
misterfact