Emerson SW375 Ceiling Fan Receiver Programming

KEYWORDS: Emerson, AirDesign, SW375, SW330, SW350, program, programming, deprogram, deprogramming, code, learn, learning, codelearn, codelearning
I just received this information from Emerson's technical support group, and as it's undocumented (anywhere I was able to find it, anyway!) and extremely useful, I thought I'd throw it out on the bitstream. If you find this in a search a few years from now and it solves this pesky problem, yay!
Most Emerson ceiling fans need a matched controller/receiver, the SW375, to function. These receivers are matched to either the wireless SW330 control or the wall-mounted SW350 control (which appear to work identically via RF signals, incidentally!) by "code learning" the desired control to the desired fan.
If you only have one fan/receiver/control set, you're unlikely to ever encounter the problem of one remote controlling multiple fans. However, I have three, and for various reasons have switched around the receivers and controls, and ran into the annoying problem of a remote in one part of the house controlling more than one fan - even a fan quite some distance away.
If there is any information about "un-code-learning" or erasing the memory in the SW375, so that a particular remote will no longer actuate it, it's not recorded anywhere - including in the large and comprehensive installation and use manual that comes with each Emerson component.
The solution turns out to be extremely simple, and revolves around this fact: each receiver can store up to four remote codes. The remotes issue control codes something like Genie's Intellicode, where a rolling code is generated each time the learning button is pressed. (That might not be completely correct, but it's the gist of it and functionally correct!)
So: If you have receiver A and have matched it to remote A, and then install another fan (B) and accidentally code remote A or B to the wrong fan, you'll get overlapping control. The fix is this: overwrite all four codes in the receiver with the correct remote. This will push out codes from any other remote and leave the receiver and fan operating ONLY with the correct one.
1) Turn off all Emerson fans at the wall switch or circuit breaker. 2) Turn on power to the fan you want to program or reprogram. The receiver will beep. 3) IMMEDIATELY press the code-learn button. Each time a code is learned by the receiver, it will give a double beep. DON'T release the code-learn button until the receiver has double-beeped at least four times.
Voila - that fan will no longer operate with any but the remote you just used to program it.
On the SW350 wall controller, there is a specific code-learn button. On the SW330 handheld controller, you press the SLEEP and SELECT buttons simultaneously to send a code-learn. You have to send all code-learn signals (from all the remotes you want to operate that fan, up to four) within about two minutes of first powering up the receiver. Be absolutely certain that all other fans are POWERED OFF or they might pick up the code-learn too, starting the whole mess over again. Also, if you're going to program multiple remotes to a controller, be sure to let only the FIRST one beep four times (to clear any old codes), then do ONE code- learn beep from each successive remote. Otherwise you'll clear out remote codes you want to keep.
Hey, I was thrilled to learn this trick. Hope you are, too. Someday.
--
|=- James Gifford = FIX SPAMTRAP TO REPLY -=|
|=- So... your philosophy fits in a sig, does it? -=|
ronileduc had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Emerson-SW375-Ceiling-Fan-Receiver-Programming-15254-.htm : Thank you, thank you, thank you! The batteries died in my remote and after changing them, I still couldn't get the remote to work.Had no clue how to proceed, was about to go buy a new one. Really appreciate the time and $ you've saved me by telling me how to re-sync the controller and remote. You've made my day, and again, thank you!! James Gifford wrote:

-------------------------------------
replying to James Gifford, Az denny wrote: Thank you!!!
Your directions worked perfect. This made a job that could have taken hours and reduced it to minutes. 😉😉😉😉😉😉😗
**> nsp wrote:>

I avoid anything made by Emerson. Their stuff is crap (my experience).
message

😉😉😉😉😉😉? ???

programming,

codelearning

group,

and

you

SW375,

SW330

desired

ever

However, I

receivers

part

actuate

comprehensive

this

issue

code is

be

correct!)

wrong

four

codes

with

learned

code-learn

just

On

buttons

four)

absolutely

the

going

code-

remote

replying to James Gifford, Emelge wrote:

Thank you for posting this, it's still helping years later! Now, if I can find your post on fixing the light pad on the wall mount!
replying to Emelge, passerby wrote:

find
Are you talking about this one?
http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/emerson-fan-controller-problems-564894-.htm