Emerson Moistair Humidifier

I have a Emerson Moistair Humidifier that is showing a problem that I can't fix.
Seems the indicator panel that shows (1) the %humidification wanted, (2) fan speed, etc started flashing 'CF' repeatedly. I assume 'CF' stands for 'clean filter'. It has done this for over a year now, even after two filter changes.
Anyone out there have one of these, and knows how to reset, or otherwise undo, the 'CF'?
SieSie Wei
On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 9:41:47 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@taiwan.com wrote:

Did you go to the Emerson website for documentation? Google for the Emerson model and reset filter?
On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 07:53:10 -0800 (PST), trader_4

Sure did - found nothing. Will do some more lookin
Wei
On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 1:38:51 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@taiwan.com wrote:

I just did a google and found a manual where it says that the CF indicator is timed to go on after 720 hours of operation and it's reset when power is removed, then restored. I don't get that approach, ie it forgets/starts over after power is removed, but that's what it said and you could try it.
On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 11:00:14 -0800 (PST), trader_4

Hmmm
I will shut 'er down and pull power connection from wall for a few hours just to see .....
Thanks
Wei
On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 14:11:02 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@Taiwan.com wrote:

I'll be damned. I pulled the plug for 20 minutes, and plugged 'er back in, and voila. No 'CF' any more. Go figger.
Thanks again
Wei
On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 2:32:25 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@taiwan.com wrote:

Glad to be of help.
The odd thing is that they set it up that way. I guess they couldn't afford one bit of non-volatile memory to save the state. Just a couple bytes and they could have saved the humidity settings too.
On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 11:41:49 -0800 (PST), trader_4

'yup
Wei

score 1 for t4 and he was kind enough to follow up and thank you. +1 for Wei, too
On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 07:53:10 -0800 (PST), trader_4

Earlier I somehow missed the manual for my model HD14070 at
http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/content/pdfs/122083.pdf
I have read it twice now, and I do not see a topic 'reset filter'. The several pages on cleaning the filters though make me think that what I really need to do is givethe thing a thorough cleaning - complete with bleach - which I have not done. Maybe in the Sping.
Thanks Wei

I just posted this a few mins ago, worth a try: