Emerson ET1333E TV won't turn on/making hissing noise

Hi :)
I hope someone can help me...thanks in advance!
I'm a young woman without alot of experience in fixing things...so if this is better left to a professional, please let me know. I'm pretty intelligent and have great hand/eye co-ordination, so I'm hoping I can do this myself...?
My 13" Emerson television worked fine last night. I turned it off without any problem. I tried turning it on this morning, but the screen stays dark and I hear a 'hissing' or 'clicking' noise for 2-3 seconds.
What should I do????
Thanks so much for any advice!
Racho

Unless you have a lot of experence in the high voltage circuits in a TV and all of the drawings and tools necessary.///////
Get a new TV

Try hanging out at the local country/western bar, especially at closing time. You will eventually find a man.
Good luck.
Throw it in the garbage. It is not worth fixing.