Emerson comments about a fine house

A man builds a fine house; and now he has a master, and a task for life; he is to furnish, watch, show it, and keep it in repair, the rest of his days.

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882), Society and Solitude: Works and Days, 1870

Dean Hoffman

Emerson was right. I know people that have no desire to actually own a house and the responsibility for it. OTOH, I dislike the idea of paying rent for life and having second rate housing.

I'm responsible for any repairs, but if I was renting, I'd be paying an additional $15000+ a year to a landlord to do it for me.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski