I thoroughly enjoy a vent-free Propane gas log/fireplace combination that I
bought from the Home Depot last winter. I use it in my sunroom.
The gas log and fan work fine, and the finish is holding up to the light use
it receives. It rattles as it transitions from one stable temperature to
another, but it only lasts a few minutes so isn't a big deal.
You won't confuse it with a vermont castings units, but you won't confus the
$1500 I saved with an empty bank account, either.
Well, I tried a set of vent-free Comfort Glow NG from Home Depot, and
the odor was unbearable (a kerosene like smell) which filled the room.
This was not odor due to the "new burning off". These were returned to
the store. Before, I had a set of vent-free Martin propane logs. I
switched over to NG when the gas company came through the neighborhood
with new service. After returning the Comfort Glow's, I purchased a
set of ventfree Martin NG logs ($200 more than the Comfort Glow). The
odor from these is barely noticeable. You get what you pay for.
El Penguini wrote:
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.