Email effectiveness

Page 2 of 2

Live chat takes out the "thick accent" variable. You don't know if you are communicating with Texas, Mumbai, or Londonderry, or anywhere else when you are on chat. Which often does make it work better than voice comm.

Which is a good reason to use a REAL mail program instead of "webmail"

I think it's an option in every real mail client (i.e. mail program), and probably not in any webmail setup. One more reason to use one, like Eudora 7, which is now free (later versions are also free but they are not really Eudora. They are mozilla software made to appear like Eudora.)
It's called Return Receipt Requested. Although afaik, you can't tell if it has been delievered, unless it's been opened. ????
And you can't tell if it's been read, only if it's been opened, and if the recipient says, "Don't tell him even that", it won't. I presume all of them work about the same way. The best situation woudl be that mine had all those options and other programs could only obey my request for a receipt, but I doubt it is that way. I usually cooperate, howevrer.
I've used Erols/RCN/Starpower webmail and Verizon webmail, mostly when traveling, and they have nowhere near the capabilities of real mail client.
If one wants to keep his travel computer and his home computer synchronized for email, he can use IMAP instead of POP. That's what it's designed for.

Don't know about Mozilla or Eudora, but outlook 2007 and above, for sure, give a delivered report that the recipient has no control over, The read report is a request that can be ignored.