elevated concrete slab demolition

Hell, if he's going to use a torch, he doesn't need to break up the slab first. Take a torch to the slab, heat it for a while, then stand back and pour cold water on it. The slab should pretty much explode by itself. Then you can just pick up the rebar and chuck it over the side.
Goedjn wrote:

I'm thinking the cost of fuel gas to do it that way would exceed the cost of just hiring a company (with insurance) to remove the thing.
Pete C.

Everything's in place, the holes bored and Dexpan installed. It's been 4 hours in 45 degree weather. No sign of cracks yet. It's old concrete so it's probably hard as my head.
Maybe tomorrow morning it will be wrecked!