Electrostatic HVAC cleaner with UV?

Can anyone recommend an electrostatic cleaning unit for a forced air HVAC system?

Also I'd like to get one with UV treatment/ionization as well, is there such a thing?

The original installer did leave a "box with cover" installed where the cold return enters the air handler, I'm assuming this box is for a future electrostatic filter installation. Are these boxes a standard size? Or am I locked into getting a specific electrostatic unit. I use 16x25 filters so the box is probably 16x25x8 inches and looks like it will accept some kind of slide-in electrostatic unit.

Thanks

Reply to
RickH

Honeywell seems to make most of these. I believe they are usually 6 inches deep. The power supply is on top, so the unit needs extra 'space' above. UV/ ionization is another issue. High intensity UV lights probably produce ozone, as does the electonic/electrostatic filter. Ozone is not good for you, so both together might not be good.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

I almost bought this Trane unit with installation of a new oil furnace last week:

decided against because of $1,200 cost and neither wife or I suffering allergies. Unit did seem easy to care for as all you do every few months is wash off course filter and collector honeycomb. If we decide to ever get one there is room to install between air return and furnace.

Frank

Reply to
Frank