Electronic Kenmore refrigerator not working, what does this sign mean

That's the flarfenation warning. Means chloral-malathionide-hydrate has been detected in the low-high-oil cap and thrust elements. This is a factory authorized service only repair.

Reply to
Hugh Jassolle

Is dihydrogen monoxide also a concern? I am very worried.

Ignoramus4117

After reading through all the replies, I don't think I saw anything about checking for ice on the evaporator coil in the freezer. If the defrost cycle doesn't happen, ice will form and the unit will act as you have indicated.

Reply to
Art Todesco

Owners manual covers the 596.50013100 model. Maybe the OP can download it and find some useful info?

Reply to
Hugh Jassolle

Bill was the one that mentioned it, but I didn't see a response.

Reply to
Bob Villa

re: "Is dihydrogen monoxide also a concern?"

Only if it gets wet.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

By the time I started troubleshooting the fridge, itw as warm enough that I would not expect any ice on the evaporator coil to remain. And yet it was still bad.

Ignoramus4117

I already downloaded it (before I even made my first post) and found no useful info.

Nor did you provide any.

Ignoramus4117