Electronic device

This is an odd one. Time to be creative and think laterally.
I need to create a device to play a practical joke on someone for a party. I want to create a spoof lie detector that I can control to give whichever answer - yes or no - I choose. I'm imagining some kind of base unit with two different colored bulbs, or maybe just one bulb would also do it, which I can light by pressing some form of remote device. The base unit would need to be controlled by battery, as I'm not sure about availablity of outlets where the party will be (yard).
Anybody got any ideas?
TIA
Mat
Mat wrote:

Sure - this remote control, or similiar. http://www.electronickits.com/kit/complete/elec/vek6709.htm

If he had AC power at the base a regular ceiling fan remote would work.
Al