Electronic Controller Repair

The eight buttons on the far right of the touchpad are not doing anything.
Seems like the controller is glued onto the touchpad, so I am reluctant to try to take it off.
Is that right, or is there any chance I can get it off and try to fix those contacts?
Is ordering the controller/touchpad set for $150 the only option?
Thanks tiger
Tiger in Japan wrote:

Could you tell us a little more about this "touchpad - controller"? Is it hard wires or wireless.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
The touchpad is glass, and seems to be cemented/glued to the controller (ERC).
Here are some picts:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b196/TTinJapan/Sears%20Kemore%20ERC /
Tiger in Japan wrote:

My guess is there is no repair for that one. I might try some destructive disassembly and see what's there, but only after I had planed to buy a replacement.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit