Electrolux washing machine squealing

I worked on an Electrolux washing machine yesterday. Top load machine, fairly new.
Customer complaint of squealing, at high speed. Turning the drum by hand (from inside the machine) produces no noise. Replace the belt.
Still squealing. Any ideas what to look for? My thought is to take the front panel off, and run it without the front panel. See if it's possible to locate the squeal by ear.
I've Googled and Startpaged, and no hits for that kind of problem.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Is the tensioner an idler pulley with a bearing?
I'd check out the drum guides or whatever keeps things in place during the spin cycle also. I'd do the front panel thing you suggested.
Yes, the tensioner is a spring loaded idler. Maybe that needs a squirt of silicone spray for the bearing? I didn't even think of that. Thanks, a lot. Drum guides (typically nylon) also concern. On dryers, the drum rollers in back have been known to squeal.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

pump
Worth a look. I'm going back one of these days to diagnose a bit further. You could easily be right. Thank you.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote: