Electrolux washing machine squealing

I worked on an Electrolux washing machine yesterday. Top load machine, fairly new.

Customer complaint of squealing, at high speed. Turning the drum by hand (from inside the machine) produces no noise. Replace the belt.

Still squealing. Any ideas what to look for? My thought is to take the front panel off, and run it without the front panel. See if it's possible to locate the squeal by ear.

I've Googled and Startpaged, and no hits for that kind of problem.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes, that was my first thought. I replaced the belt yesterday. And there is a spring loaded tensioner. So, that's not the problem.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is the tensioner an idler pulley with a bearing?

I'd check out the drum guides or whatever keeps things in place during the spin cycle also. I'd do the front panel thing you suggested.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

pump

Reply to
salty

Bearings on the way out

Reply to
zaax

Yes, the tensioner is a spring loaded idler. Maybe that needs a squirt of silicone spray for the bearing? I didn't even think of that. Thanks, a lot. Drum guides (typically nylon) also concern. On dryers, the drum rollers in back have been known to squeal.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Worth a look. I'm going back one of these days to diagnose a bit further. You could easily be right. Thank you.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm sure that does happen. He hasn't mentioned water on the floor.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Something is on the way out. Thanks, I'll check those.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon