Electrolux Vaccume Cleaner

I have an Electrolux vaccume epic 3000 sr, that is not creating enough suction to suck up hardly anything. I made sure the bag is new. Is there a way to take it apart and clean and check for clogs.

Thanks

Reply to
dino64

Clog in hose is possible. Look in each end with a flashlight for a lump of lint etc. which got there when a pin or toothpick got sideways and started to collect fuzz. If you can't see it to pull it out with coat-hanger wire, try rolling some glass marbles down the hose and see if they come out without obstruction from the other end. Finally, connect the hose to blow out (take it outside to do this) and maybe something will pop out.

Reply to
Tom Bach

Well I used to work on vaccumes when I was a younger man and can tell you that its also posible that the motor fan has worn out or shatterd when something solid got sucked up(depending on which side of the bag the fan is). this does have an unfortunate habit of happening. you should be able to get the whole thing apart, just remember how to put it all back together. and while you have it torn down clean everything thoroughly.

Reply to
Big Wing Nut!!!

How is the suction without the hose? Electrosux hoes have a bad habit of breaking down on the inside. The lining can block the hose. Is there a filter on the exhaust? Take that out and try without it.

Reply to
FixthatThang