Electrolux Vac question.

Does anyone know how to properly setup the rewind spring mechanism on one of these things. It seems to need one or two extra wraps around the cord spool....but it seems impossible to do. Can anyone help? I MUST be missing something!
Please respond to this group. Thanks
Ken

turn the reel one or two turns in the direction it turns when you pull the cord out -- *without* actually pulling any cord off of the reel. Reinstall the mechanism.
Thanks Doug. I was afraid I was going to have to remove the mechanism to complete the task. Any tips on removing it without taking more apart than I need to? or breaking the plastic parts?
Ken

doesn't have any plastic parts. Hardly any, anyway. On mine, the part that holds the reel is a separate section at the butt end of the canister, held in by only two screws. Remove them, and off it comes. Yours may be different.
Hi Ken,
It's a good idea to clean the cord, then apply some car wax to the cord when you get it reinstalled. I just talked about this tip in my newsletter. Works really well on all types of retracting cords, air compressor hoses, etc.
I've been doing this on vac cords for about 20 years, and the improvement in retraction can be pretty dramatic.
Have a great New Year!
--
God bless,

Dave Harnish