Page 2 of 2
Nick Danger wrote:

I agree that no one knows at this point what really happened. It's possible that she wasn't even shocked at all and just died from a pre-existing medical condition. However, a sneaker doesn't provide sufficient insulation. Sneakers are often damp, have cracks, gaps or other defects which allow an electric current to flow, especially if it's a higher voltage as you would have on a utility wire. I remember being at a car crash one night years ago, where a utility pole was knocked down. Wires were hanging over the car. A bystander picked up a tree branch and was using it to try to move the wires, because wood isn't a conductor right? But this is 14KV potentially live line and a random dead tree branch has moisture, could even be saturated. Not a smart move.
I think that if the fence really were