electricity prices

Here's my bill for last month. 502kwh. Morton Grove, IL Can't make heads or tail of it.
9/13/14 015211564 General Service Total kWh 38748 Actual 39250 Actual 502 x 1 502 CHARGE DETAILS Retail Delivery Service - Res Single 8/13/14 - 9/13/14 (31 Days) SUPPLY - First Energy Solutions $39.36 502 KWH TOTAL@$0.0784/KWH GENERA 502 kWh X 0.07840 $39.36 DELIVERY - ComEd $32.01 Customer Charge $15.77 Standard Metering Charge $3.41 Distribution Facilities Charge 502 kWh X 0.02439 $12.24 IL Electricity Distribution Charge 502 kWh X 0.00118 $0.59 TAXES & FEES $6.86 Environmental Cost Recovery Adj 502 kWh X 0.00017 $0.09 Energy Efficiency Programs 502 kWh X 0.00223 $1.12 Franchise Cost $31.44 X 2.65900% $0.84 State Tax $1.66 Municipal Tax $3.15 Service Period Total $78.23 Thank you for your payment of $78.41 on September 8, 2014 Total Amount Due $78.23
GENERA 502 kWh X 0.07840 $39.36

About like my telephone bill. The basic phone is just under $ 20 but taxes and lots of other things add up so the total bill is closer to $ 40. I would get rid of it,but my wife has trouble with using her cell phone and other techonology.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-Wireless-Home-Phone/22084643

I checked it out. It was looking good, then found out it would not work with data services,FAX machines, home security and some other things.
I have cable internet,but it goes down a couple of times each year and the home phone line is still up, so that leaves out some other options.
On 10/12/2014 1:54 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

Not as bad as some at .159. Everyone gets a share though and no one really knows where all the fees really go.
On 10/12/2014 2:26 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote: ...

I don't believe that for a second..._you_ may not and certainly the average person on the street couldn't tell you to the penny, but certainly the remitters and receivers know very well...and you _can_ find out to the penny as well.

We were talking about bottom line (Dollars on the bill/KWH)
The site is pretty close to what I am actually paying. SW Florida may be a little cheaper because we burn trash for some of our power.
I just pulled up my bill. It's only 12.4c kwh here in NJ. Somehow it's gone down from what it was just a few years ago. Back then, it was around 17c. I looked at Sept, June, and even Dec. Dec it was 12.6c. That's total bill divided by kwh used.

I can help you out. We have two bags of trash a week. If you just pay the postage, I'll send it to you to make electricity.
You're welcome.

north of Phoenix, AZ under APS rule: house: residential with time-of-day 85% off hours at $0.071/kwhr shared well: billed separately like a business: about $.25/kwhr !!! they won't reduce, either!
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com;3295097 Wrote: >

No, most of the sites for hydroelectric development in Northern Manitoba don't have anyone living there. Manitoba has about 1.3 million people, but the vast majority of them live within 250 miles of the Canada/USA border. In Northern Manitoba, besides the cities of Flin Flon, Thompson, The Pas, Swan River and Churchill, and about a dozen native reservations of a hundred to 500 people each, the place is essentially uninhabited. There are places up there where you could blow off a nuclear weapon and not disturb anyone.
--
nestork

On Sunday, October 12, 2014 4:16:34 PM UTC-4, nestork wrote:

Since when has that stopped environmentalists from blocking projects? Certainly hasn't here in the USA.
Manitoba has about 1.3 million people,

Around here, you'd disturb the environmentalists even if you wanted to dig a hole on the moon.
On 10/12/2014 4:05 PM, trader_4 wrote:

They've been there since well before the biggest of the movement began...
I'd wager it'd be tougher there now, too...

CRNG posted for all of us...
I may not have read all messages.

I'm sorry this is a question that shouldn't be asked! What difference does it make? If I pay less will it make you mad? If I pay more will it you be happy? The only thing you can do is compare suppliers in your area, if your local utility commission allows this. What is the point of the question?
--
Tekkie

Hey asshole. Did you read the part you quoted where the OP writes "I'm curious"?? That's the point of the question.
Per Zaky Waky:

I personally know people in whom curiosity just does not seem to exist. Seems like the same people tend not to get jokes - usually thinking the standup comedian telling them is just talking stupidly. They also seem to lack a sense of wonderment as in watching Cirque du Soliel: "Wow, did you see what that guy just pulled off" "So what, that's what they do for a living." In general, they don't seem to be very capable of enjoying things.
I suspect it's genetic.... maybe something with neural hormones and receptors...
--
Pete Cresswell

and then there is the idiot factor and it's more common than people realize<g>
On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 12:54:15 -0500, Vic Smith

That is why we are just saying 15.58 for you. That is what you ended up paying for your 502 KWH after all the shenanigans
On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 22:16:34 +0200, nestork

Environmentalists don't care about the people. They would be protecting the wilderness and the animals.

Actually, they care about your kids' future. Which is more than most of you seem to do.