electricity prices

About like my telephone bill. The basic phone is just under $ 20 but taxes and lots of other things add up so the total bill is closer to $ 40. I would get rid of it,but my wife has trouble with using her cell phone and other techonology.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I just pulled up my bill. It's only 12.4c kwh here in NJ. Somehow it's gone down from what it was just a few years ago. Back then, it was around 17c. I looked at Sept, June, and even Dec. Dec it was 12.6c. That's total bill divided by kwh used.

Reply to
trader_4

Joe

It lists CT at about .19. That is the published CL&P rate, but by choosing a different generator my rate is just over .17 and that does include all added fees. My generation rate is .079. I'd say the chart is pretty accurate.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I can help you out. We have two bags of trash a week. If you just pay the postage, I'll send it to you to make electricity.

You're welcome.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

north of Phoenix, AZ under APS rule: house: residential with time-of-day 85% off hours at $0.071/kwhr shared well: billed separately like a business: about $.25/kwhr !!! they won't reduce, either!

Reply to
RobertMacy

Not as bad as some at .159. Everyone gets a share though and no one really knows where all the fees really go.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I checked it out. It was looking good, then found out it would not work with data services,FAX machines, home security and some other things.

I have cable internet,but it goes down a couple of times each year and the home phone line is still up, so that leaves out some other options.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

No, most of the sites for hydroelectric development in Northern Manitoba don't have anyone living there. Manitoba has about 1.3 million people, but the vast majority of them live within 250 miles of the Canada/USA border. In Northern Manitoba, besides the cities of Flin Flon, Thompson, The Pas, Swan River and Churchill, and about a dozen native reservations of a hundred to 500 people each, the place is essentially uninhabited. There are places up there where you could blow off a nuclear weapon and not disturb anyone.

Reply to
nestork

CRNG posted for all of us...

I may not have read all messages.

I'm sorry this is a question that shouldn't be asked! What difference does it make? If I pay less will it make you mad? If I pay more will it you be happy? The only thing you can do is compare suppliers in your area, if your local utility commission allows this. What is the point of the question?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Since when has that stopped environmentalists from blocking projects? Certainly hasn't here in the USA.

Manitoba has about 1.3 million people,

Around here, you'd disturb the environmentalists even if you wanted to dig a hole on the moon.

Reply to
trader_4

They've been there since well before the biggest of the movement began...

I'd wager it'd be tougher there now, too...

Reply to
dpb

On 10/12/2014 2:26 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote: ...

I don't believe that for a second..._you_ may not and certainly the average person on the street couldn't tell you to the penny, but certainly the remitters and receivers know very well...and you _can_ find out to the penny as well.

Reply to
dpb

That is why we are just saying 15.58 for you. That is what you ended up paying for your 502 KWH after all the shenanigans

Reply to
gfretwell

Environmentalists don't care about the people. They would be protecting the wilderness and the animals.

Reply to
gfretwell

SE Iowa - $114.76 divided by 827KWh = $.139 (almost the same as AL).

Reply to
IGot2P

I'm curious about the cost of electricity in various areas. Last month, I paid $88.06 total (includes all taxes, fees, etc.) for 641kwh in Birmingham AL. What do you folks pay and in what general area?

Reply to
WW

Tekkie? wrote in news:W1C_v.157143$ snipped-for-privacy@fx10.iad:

Hey asshole. Did you read the part you quoted where the OP writes "I'm curious"?? That's the point of the question.

Reply to
Zaky Waky

On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 12:54:15 -0500, Vic Smith wrote in

snip

So the bottom line is $78.23/502kwh = $0.155/kwh but the utility company is only charging 502 KWH TOTAL @$0.0784/KWH

Taxes, fees, etc are nearly doubling your price. That's the kind of info I'm interested in.

Reply to
CRNG

That's incorrect. You're only taking the cost for the energy and leaving out the delivery portion. That delivery portion is actually the utility. It's paying for the transmission lines, poles down the street, meters, servicing all that, etc. It's roughly half the total amount, similar to what it is on my bill. The taxes and govt fees are $6.80, or about 9% of the total bill.

Reply to
trader_4