electricity not working properly

My friends wife plug a hair dryer in the bathroom light fixtures outlet, as soon as she turned it on the intire apt. had no light. she blew the main breaker (100 amps). they called me up i replaced the breaker and the outlets are working only in the bedroom, livingroom and one other outlet in the kitchen. all the light switches dont work. the bathroom and kitchen light switch dont have any power whatsoever. i checked all light switches and fixture for any broken lines. they seem fine. what else can i check for? Thanks Tony.
--
Tony

I am assuming you have single phase service to the APT. And this APT with a 100a main breaker is possibly fed from another panel or gutter from the power companyl. breaker or disconnect.
Need to check the incoming power and see if you have the correct voltage there. Sounds like you may have lost a leg.
If you have the correct voltage there then I would see if all the branch circuit breakers have voltage on them at the panel. If so, could be you lost a neutral or hot somewhere in one of the circuits. Is it a GFCI and needs to be reset?

if there are three wires of service one may be dead: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/electrical-wiring/part1/section-15.html

Not to hurt anyone's feelings, but I suggest that someone who doesn't understand the basics of how to track this down should not be replacing 100amp main breakers.

By "she blew the breaker" do you mean she tripped it, or she actually broke it? You actually replaced the breaker, or you just reset it?
If she ruined a 100 amp breaker, she has some big problem that should be fixed before you connect her again.
I think you just reset the breaker.

have you tried shutting off the main breaker and resetting it? try looking into what she plugged into you may have a problem there.

Is there power on BOTH sides of the Main? You might have one leg out.
Otherwise, put a test meter on each breaker to be sure they are all working. If they are, you likely have a burnt wire or loose connection on that line. Start with the outlet where the hair dryer was plugged.
One other thing. Is that a GFI outlet? Maybe all that other stuff is on the GFI. Push the reset button.