Electricity can KILL!

"[MONTESANO, Wash] - Authorities believe a Washington man was killed by accidentally urinating on a downed power line after a car crash."

Car hits stationary object (light pole). Drives into ditch. Man pees on exposed wire. What are the chances alcohol was involved?

Reply to
HeyBub

OUCH! Now that had to hurt.

Reply to
Mikepier

"accidentally urinating"? Man the guy must of been pissed drunk.

Reply to
Jack Hammer

And they call him The Flash. Did it make his winkey wink on and off? D'oh! What a relief it is. I'll bet he was really pissed.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

...don't piss on my foot an tell me it's raining...

Reply to
Oren

was killed by

crash."

Man pees on

If alcohol is involved then alcohol is the cause. If no alcohol is involved, nobody is at fault. That is how the police work now.

Reply to
LSMFT

More like pissed off.

nb

Reply to
notbob

My BIL sent me this link.....

Two guys tryed to steal underground 13k volt copper power lines.

The photos are pretty graphic.......

DD_BobK

Nature's way of stopping the mentally deranged from reproducing..... In the animal kingdom, it's called survival of the fittest.

Reply to
unit407

The Myth Busters checked out that one. BUSTED!

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

Nope. From the Myth Busters Wikipedia entry

"Upon retesting the myth on an electric fence it was found to be Plausible, but the [third] rail was still Busted. Distance was the factor, as the urine stream breaks up less at the close range needed for urinating on the fence than urinating on the third rail, thus ensuring a direct line of current between one's body and the electrical source."

Further, electric fences are typically not 10,000 constant volts.

Reply to
HeyBub

People who cite mythbusters as "proof" of *anything* are on the same level as the 911 "truthers."

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

"Jon Danniken" wrote

I knew if you posted long enough, you'd post something I agree with. Don't know about you, but I believe tales of young men who were zapped, and there are just too many of them, and the stories are were going around when the Mythbusters were still stardust and a wet spot on the bed.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I enjoy Mythbusters as what it is: Entertainment with a quasi-scientific theme. I've often thought after watching the show why they didn't try such and such. One of the greatest things about Mythbusters, lots of real big explosions. *snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yes, it can be entertaining at times, but it is indeed, as you stated, "quasi-scientific".

They did actually get a lead balloon to fly, which I thought was pretty cool.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken