Electricity Bill

Page 2 of 2
The Temps are HIGH in TX I am in a suburb of Dallas (Flower Mound) and we ARE having a cooler summer BUT (there,s always a but huh?) I know why my elect bill is still higher (please I know I have to replace my 20yr old a/co heating system) it is so that our Elect Co. can keep their profits high Irish
While you are at it, pull out your refridgerator and vacuum the coils. This probably won't account for all of the increase in your bill, but when those coils get too dirty they don't work very well and the fridge runs longer and longer. . .
Wayne

While you're at it, check your refrig / freezer doors seal properly against leaks.

D'Olier wrote:

was low on freon about 4 lbs.. this year it stops after running a few minutes and the temp will go down about to 77 or 78-79 degrees... we keep it on 78 degrees.. its been hot in louisiana..(just like in texas)... check your insulation in the attic... our house is about 30 yrs. old we had it built.. i remember when it got cold inside during the summer with the a/c on.... but then the insulation was new and up to the top of the rafters... it settles and oh yes i am now about twice the size i was when i was 25 yrs. old.... i now have fat under the skin and this makes you feel hotter than it actually is.....
Paul:
D > My electricity bill has been much higher this summer than last summer. It D > says my electricity use has been much higher and as nearly all of it is D > accounted for by the increased use of air-conditioning, you would think it'
D > been used a lot more. However, this summer has been cooler. D > D > For example, my latest bill : D > D > avg. temp this year has been 90 degrees; 99 degrees last year (This is D > Dallas, TX). D > kwh used this year : 2531, last year : 1700. D > D > This is for the same time period in both 2004 and 2003. I have heard that D > my a/c ducts are not the most efficient but is it possible for them to D > become hugely less efficient in the space of a year? I'm baffled because
Check your duct runs. A few years ago I was doing some work in the storage area in the basement and noticed the duct had separated and one piece fallen by about two inches. We had noticed a vent in the living room hadn't much pressure but it was at the end of the house and assumed it was because the vent was at the end of the run.
Reconnected and a lot more pressure from that vent! Also my basement isn't as warm in the winter.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Press any key... NO! NO! NO! NOT THAT ONE!!!!!!
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971