Electrical work in England

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 20:32:23 -0500, "cowabunga dude"

Worse, for the dog, than a herd of Texas Longhorns - and the goats know it.

It was a mutt. Bigger than a small dog, smaller than a medium size dog. During the day it barked at goats, they ignored it. It didn't bite. That dog would have a fit because goats and horses and everything else ignored it.
Barking during the day didn't bother me because I wasn't trying to sleep. At night horses would come over and it barked all night. The damn dog just would not shut up. I finally had to find it a new home.
Since my sheep dog died close to 20 years ago, I haven't found a dog that worked out. The sheep dog only barked when it actually needed to. When he barked at night I got up and knew something was wrong. He was a character, he was buddies with chickens, ducks, cats, and a goat I had for about a year. Goats eat everything they aren't supposed to eat, and won't eat what you want them to.
On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 01:10:01 -0500, "cowabunga dude"

Sounds like a bad cae of "small dog syndrome" "If it's bigger than me, it must be dinner"

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 22:21:05 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster

particularly if working alongside another headstrong Billy
On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 18:39:53 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Mr Ed cranked up on a couple of wild hogs a few weeks ago and when I called him off he was humping the bigger one. I was worried he might get gored but that was not the end of the hog he was interested in. They got the hell out of there as soon as he got off the big one.
On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 22:58:53 -0500, "cowabunga dude"

LOT of electrical work is (or was) done by the property owner - and in many cases it was obvious. In many areas of South Africa and Brazil (and I imagine the outback of Australia) getting an electrician on-site could involve some serious travel cost.
On 08/16/2016 11:28 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Yes, white is used in Australia for one "Active/Line" (along with red and dark blue) of a multi-phase system. Neutral is black and Earth/Ground is green/yellow stripe. The single "Active/Line" of a single-phase system is red.
The above is for "installation wiring." The code for "equipment wiring" (e.g., for the cord on your toaster) is "Active/Line" is brown, "Neutral" is light blue, and Earth/Ground is green/yellow stripe.
Perce
cowabunga dude posted for all of us...

Yes
--