Electrical Wiring

I plan to bring power to my garage's sub-panel from a sub-panel at the pump house. The garage is situated on a rock built-up base/fill. My question is what is the burial requirements at the garage base/fill and at the flat area between the garage and the pump house. I understand that code is 18" with PVC. But that would be hard to do at the garage base/fill. Would Sch 80 PVC require less cover? Any suggestions. Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If underground is difficult, have you considered going with an overhead line?
Chris
Galv pipe, 6" or cover the pvc with 2" concrete

You can use rigid galvanized pipe at 6" unless it goes under a driveway. In that case it would have to be 18".
Is there a permit involved? Or any other chance of do gooders intervention?