electrical switch

Hi Bob. Why yes, I do want both lights to come on at the same time! However, as it has been described, those would be empty wishes.

I pulled another cable into the area and might just use that point as a starter to get some light fixtures on a switch. But, it's a pretty tight area and for now I am going to let things sit.

Reply to
ng_reader

RBM you were quite helpful, however we could probably live without the condescension. I mean, really, what kinds of questions do you think are supposed to be posted here?

I remember hiring an electrician to help with a 3-way circuit and watching him scratch his head at the top of his ladder. So, even experts I reckon can get a little confused when dealing with electricity.

Reply to
ng_reader

It's not condescension, it was a revelation. My thoughts, like Trader's, was that the whole scenario made no sense. Then I thought of the pitfalls of nubes, and it made perfect sense. What you did is routinely done by inexperienced folks. But, once you get it, you got it.

Reply to
RBM

Then they are not experts.

I fellow where I work has his electrical license and I would not let him change batteries in my flashlight. You should hear some of the stories he tells on himslef about jobs he does outside the plant.

I have been working in a large factory with everything from low voltage instruments to 480 3 phase stuff, and a bit of higher voltage.

I am glad RBM got this one. I was thinking he had used a 3 way switch witht he hot wires from each light going to the two switched screws and one light would go on and then the other one would go on as the switch was flipped. That is either one or the other was on and the other one was off.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

And my remarks about not being able to understand WTF the OP was talking about, which he seems to have taken offense to, were not directed toward any lack of electrical expertise. They were directed at not being able to explain what he was talking about or asking.

Reply to
trader4

Well, now he/OP has said he wants both lights to come on at the same time.

Reply to
hrhofmann