electrical switch

Page 2 of 2

Oh, you should have been there when I kept going back and forth to the breaker with my circuit tester and disambiguation of wire ends.

do you want both lights to come on at the same time???????

Hi Bob. Why yes, I do want both lights to come on at the same time! However, as it has been described, those would be empty wishes.
I pulled another cable into the area and might just use that point as a starter to get some light fixtures on a switch. But, it's a pretty tight area and for now I am going to let things sit.

That diagram clearly will not produce the behavior the OP describes.
The OP clearly doesn't understand how residential wiring works, and you're making things worse with your suggestions that obviously don't address the problem. When it comes to 120V wiring, *one* person who doesn't understand what he's doing is already one person too many. Don't be the second one.
The OP has already received the correct answer from RBM: it is impossible to make the system behave the way he wants it to behave, given the wiring that he has.
On Wednesday, March 7, 2012 4:26:39 PM UTC-6, Doug Miller wrote:

Good point. OP: Trial and error is not a good way to do wiring. You, or some future person who does work on your house, may suffer for it. -- H

White wire!
<
http://hot-text.ath.cx/~bd~/d/light-SW.gif
--
This post contains IPA phonetic symbols in Unicode.
Without proper rendering support,