Electrical Short...

Page 2 of 2

There is sooo much bullshit here....

Would that be before or after you entered this thread?
On 7-May-2007, Kewless wrote:
<<Snip>>

<<Snip>>
I want to thank you ALL for your responses. As a whole they've gone a long way to help patch things up btwn me and the Mrs. [Although nothing's been said, I've been getting a lot of those *sideways* glances ever since this thing happened. It must be like that old adage: You can cut down a whole backyard full of trees and no one thinks you're a lumberjack. But have one little fire on a computer you set up........ ]
If I've learned anything, it's that next time something like this happens, it might be wise to do a little investigating BEFORE I rush to take the blame for something I may not even have done. Whether it's my fault or not is hard to say. But it does leave room for doubt...

Yup. It's a good idea to spend a little time trying to figure out _why_ this happened. Was anything cracked/chafed and shorted to the metal shelving (eg: electrical burn marks on the shelving), or did it look like the device itself burned out?
Calling someone with the make and model describing what happened is a good idea. Eg: consumer protection agencies, the store, and the manufacturer if you can identify/reach it.
Not as a complaint, but a warning. It's how safety recalls happen. Many stores/manufacturers really do want to find out about these. Before something a lot worse and more expensive happens.
--
Chris Lewis,