Electrical Service Upgrade Cost

Figure around $2,000, give or take. That includes a new meter pan outside, panel and breakers.

Reply to
Mikepier

Any good electrician would never give a quote for work that they can not see. There are way to many variables that you probably do not know to look for.

Call some local folks and have them look at the work and then determine the best course.

What is the existing service? and why do you need a change?

Reply to
SQLit

I think it cost me somewhere between $300 and $500 to upgrade from a 60A fusebox to a 150A GE Powermark breaker panel (that includes the breakers and new service conduit and the permit and new copper service entrance conductors), but that was 10 years ago -- that's why I don't remember the actual amount a little closer.

For $300, I'm guessing her son ate the cost of the little stuff and she only paid for the panel, breakers, and permit. But it wouldn't necessarily cost much more than $300 for the parts and wire.

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

My son did it at our house. Cost about $300. for the materials to do it. Of course being my son, he did not get paid for his knowledge or labor.

Reply to
Kathy

yes plus he added new circuits since he took it from 100 to 200 amps. Some are still empty and it was circuit breakers so some of them were reusable but not all. He put in a new box thing in the wall and a new something outside where the meter goes. it only took him one day and it passes inspection on the first try.

Reply to
Kathy

Hi Folks, Can anyone give me a basic upgrade cost to a 200 amp service. Nothing fancy just remove old fuse box and replace with with circuit breakers.

Thanks Dick

Reply to
Platebanger

That's it and it didnt include the permit. I think that was $110. But don't hold me to that cause we've pulled so many permits in the last couple of years that I could be mistaken.

Reply to
Kathy

$300??!!!

Did that include uping the service and ALL of the circuit breakers (to go in the new panel)??

Contractor or not, that sounds awfully low.....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

This is Turtle

You need to give your son a big hug for he did it for cost or even cost him some on small stuff. Now by seeing you said $300.00 it must have been a Murry or a ITE box and breakers to get that low of price.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

When I do electrical work for my dad, he pays for all the big items, and I pay almost as much for the incidental little stuff and he doesn't even know about it. I suspect something like that is going on here.

For $300, Kathy got a heck of a deal. The job was probably worth at least $1000 more if she had to pay for the labor and everything.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

I upgraded my house, cost me 1350.00 w/ inspection.

The guy was done pretty quick. He changed the line connects to the house down to the meter pan (with new conduit) and the line to the breaker box. Reused my GFCI and Arc Fault breakers, but all others are new.

guy gave me a great price.

I would say between 1500 and 2000 would be the ballpark price for the job.

Tom

Platebanger wrote:

service.

Reply to
Sexytom976

Just got an estimate of $1350. I think I'll go with it.

Thanks Dick

Reply to
Platebanger