Electrical service beside bathroom

I had my house built about 15 years ago. I have a half bath behind my laundry room. Anyway It has a shoer and sink. I am debating redoing it ab putting a bathtub in it and toilet and sink.
My question is, on the other side of the prefab shower wall is the service entrance to my house in the garage. This passed code but is this a good idea?

As long as there is a wall between, why not? The main panel is not going to fall in the tub is it?

Is there a finished wall behind the shower wall, or is it just covering open studs. In either case you will have to cover the wall with sheetrock before installing a tub
There is a wall and it is sheet rocked. It just seems odd having 200 amp service on the other side of my shower.
On Monday, October 29, 2012 12:30:40 PM UTC-5, stryped wrote:

Why? Are you more apt to reach through the shower wall than some other wall in the house?
P.S. Please don't top post in this group. Standard etiquette is to bottom post. Thanks.
On 10/29/2012 1:30 PM, stryped wrote:

There's alot of bathrooms that have one electrical wire behind the shower wall or two, if there are multiple bedrooms or three way switches.
Plenty of hot tubs or jacuzzis with live electrical connection to the tub while you shower.
As long as the wall is finished and your plumbing doesn't throw a leak upwards towards the panel you are fine.
What has you worried?
On Monday, October 29, 2012 12:30:40 PM UTC-5, stryped wrote:

Well, this is the thing. Very small half bath behind laundry room. It is a pre made small shower and mop sink. Because of my growing family. I would like to put a tub/shower in here add a regular sink and toilet. I am trying to figure out if I put a tub/shower in how to configure it without having to run a water line up the same wall the service for the electrical is on the other side of.
Not to change the subject, but I know my shower has one drain. If I put a tub in I will have a drain and an overflow drain. Can these both be in the same line? I am trying to figure out if all this can be done without ripping apart the walls. I have acess beneath the floor in the crawl space. I really dont want to start tearing out drywall.
On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 06:54:57 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

in I will have a drain and an overflow drain. Can these both be in the same line? I am trying to figure out if all this can be done without ripping apart the walls. I have acess beneath the floor in the crawl space. I really dont want to start tearing out drywall.
There is only one connection for the tub drain. They merge
On Oct 30, 9:54am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Here is just one of a gazillion images of a typical tub drain set up. The overflow is to prevent the water from overflowing the edges of the tub if the main tub drain is left closed and unattended. You'll note that they merge into a single pipe at the bottom.
http://www.fixitips.com/images-2/Spring-type-tub-drain.jpg
Granted, if the main drain gets clogged, even the overflow won't help, but I have never seen the overflow drain connected to a "secondary drain system". Think about it..how far back would you run the secondary drain system to prevent a primary drain clog from being a problem? You'd have to run it all the way to the sewer.
As for your original question, I don't understand why you are so concerned with water pipes running inside the wall near the electrical service.
Do you not think that there are water pipes and electrical wires near each other inside the walls of your house?
Oh my gosh, look at this! Electrical wires, drain pipes and water pipes all in the same space.
http://www.single-family-home-remodeling.com/images/typical-garbage-disposal-large.jpg
What exactly has you concerned about putting a water pipe on the other side of the wall that holds your electrical service?
On Monday, October 29, 2012 12:30:40 PM UTC-5, stryped wrote:

I guess it is worry for nothing. But it is the 200 amp main wires going to the main panel. (Obviously no breaker to trip in that scenario). It is actually the main wires from the meter to the main electric panel.