Electrical Safety Quiz

  • Electrical Safety Quiz *

You're unplugging an electrical cord, when suddenly one of the prongs breaks off inside the outlet. What would you do? (Select one or more below):

----

  1. Panic and run out of the house

  1. Call the fire dept.

  2. Move to another house

  1. Hang a "Safety First" sign above the outlet

  2. Call the police and report a bomb scare

  1. Call the hospital and tell them you'll soon need an ambulance

  2. Do nothing, just hope it falls out on it's own

  1. Immediatly grab it with your fingers and pull

  2. Call a plumber

  1. Drink a beer, then plug the cord back into the outlet

  2. Use a bare metal plyers and pull it out real fast, before it shocks you

  1. Just ignore it

  2. Call an electrician

  1. Write a letter to Santa Claus asking him to remove it on Christmas

  2. Have the power company permanently shut off your electricity

  1. Stop using that outlet forever

  2. Replace the entire outlet

  1. Toss a pail of water on it

  2. Have your spouse remove it with a kitchen fork

  1. Shut off the breaker and carefully remove it with insulted plyers

  2. Ask how to do it on alt.home.repair

  1. Pray real hard

  2. Shake the wall and hope it falls out

  1. Cover the outlet and that whole wall with duct tape

  2. Stand in a pail of water and place your tongue against it to see what happens

  1. Take photos of the electricity leaking out

  2. Call your lawyer and sue the manufacturer of the faulty cord

  1. Pay some neighbor kid 50 cents to pull it out with his teeth

  2. Cut off the other prong from the cord and stick it in the other side of the outlet

  1. File a written complaint to the federal Government

  2. Spray it with insecticide

  1. Nail a board over it

  2. Evacuate the entire neighborhood

  1. See if you can cook a hotdog on it

  2. Shut all the doors and windows so no electricity escapes

  1. Put on welding gloves and try to grab it and pull it out

  2. Call your psychiatrist and tell them that this outlet wants to kill you

  1. Grab your Sawsall or chainsaw, and remove that part of the wall

  2. Pour some strong acid on it to dissolve the metal prong

  1. Shoot it with a rifle

  2. Piss on it

  1. Burn the house down and collect the insurance money

  2. Try to push it in further with another cord

  1. Register to take a course at a Technical College for Electrical Safety

  2. Call the Weather Bureau

  1. Notify your local TV News

  2. Go to your bomb shelter

  1. Take some tranquilizers and go to bed

  2. Call the "Red Cross" and FEMA

  1. Shut off your main gas valve by the gas meter

PLACE YOUR ANSWERS BELOW. (by number)

Reply to
Paintedcow

My pliers were insulted when I told them they were too small. M

Reply to
mkolber1

I got slapped one time when I reached for a needle nose.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This is so dumb. Just replace the plug on the end of the power cord.

Reply to
taxed and spent

Typical waste of band width. Not even slightest funny.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Not meant to be funny. It's to see if you know what to do Obviously, you would not know what to do and would be the furst one to get electrocuted!

Reply to
Paintedcow

Unlikely. You have to shake the house.

Reply to
Micky

I thought that was when you were making popcorn.

Reply to
gfretwell

I don't have a funny answer, but I would:

  1. Turn off the power

Even if I could get the broken prong out of the outlet without causing more damage, I wouldn't know for sure the outlet wasn't faulty. Basic outlets cost less than a dollar and I usually always have spares on hand. Safer and easier just to replace the outlet.

  1. Turn power back on.

  1. Replace the electrical cord, or install a new plug on the end of the cord.

Anthony Watson

HerHusband

PaintedCow asked:

...while standing in a pail of water.

This was sooooo easy.

Loren

Reply to
LVetter

snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc posted for all of us...

I think 21 would be your inbred automatic choice.

Reply to
Tekkie®

[snip]

[snip]

Bzzzt! WRONG ANSWER!

Correct answer would be to ask how to do it on alt.home.repair and then argue with everyone who gave an answer.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

That is A+++ answer, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Haven't you got something better to do?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Tony complains about bandwidth while full quoting.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That is CLEARLY not the way to go about it. You are obviously an argumentative troll, and should immediately stop contradicting people. You are very wrong if you think we like contradictory people on this list. We most certainly do not.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

l quoted:

He had to full quote to show that the previous poster full quoted. Just= like the pigs have to speed to check you're speeding.

-- =

If you own a =A33,000 machine gun and a =A35,000 rocket launcher, but yo= u can't afford shoes, you may be a Muslim.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

  1. I like cruelty.
Reply to
Mr Macaw

How could a broken outlet possibly eat a prong?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Cheaper than divorce?

Reply to