Electrical Question Re Liquid-Tape Product

Hello,
Regarding the Gardner-Bender Liquid Tape Product.
Have a connection (117 V) in a house Service Box that is presently taped, but quite hard to get to. Would like to add a bit more insulation to it.
Anyone ever use this Liquid Tape product ?
I would imagine that 3M has a comparable product ? If so, "better"?
Anyway, their site is very sparse re any good technical info. for it.
Can it be used over electrical tape, or will it disolve or otherwise harm the tape ? The tape's adhesive, e.g. ?
The reason I'm concerned is that they apparently use a Hexane solvent in it, and this is a pretty potent solvent, I would think ?
Or, is it just used for Non-taped joints ?
Thanks, Bob
Robert11 wrote:

How to Post to more than one group:
Liquid tape works just fine. There is no point in using it over the tape, though, because you're just sealing the tape, not the electrical joint.

Hexane is a very benign solvent, so your only concern is keeping the vapors away from a combustion source. Recall from your basic chemistry class: methane, one carbon atom; ethane, two carbons; propane, three carbons in a row; butane, four carbons in a row; pentane, five carbons in row; hexane, six carbons in a row. That was easy, wasn't it? There are isomers that we could discuss later.. <G>
Joe

In the Carolinas, first person form of I'm a customer.

<snicker>
Joe

I gotta ask - There is a connection in your service box that is simply taped? To me, wire nuts look out of place in a professionally done service box, much less a taped joint. On top of that, it is in a hard place to get to?
JK
If at all possible, wire connections should be wire nut, and then electrical taped. The wire nut has a metal spiral inside, which helps with the electrical connection in addition to helping hold the ends of the wires together. I've never used that liquid tape stuff.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

It's good for insulating terminal blocks to prevent accidental contact. Works reasonably well to seal connections too - like wire-nuts. slop a bit in the backside of the wire-nut and it keeps moisture out. Or on a crimp connector (if you ever "need" to use one - stranded wire only)