Electrical Question: Clothes Drier

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Interesting. So if I were to get a new drier with a four-prong connector, would I be required to run a new 4-wire electrical line to the breaker panel? Or does it only apply when installing a new electrical line?
Art Harris

If you get a new dryer you get the plug to match what you have. You do not need to rewire the socket. Most dryers do not come with a plug on them, they can be set to use either a 3 or 4 wire connector. The installer will put on the connector you need. Many times you can negociate the price of the plug and the exhaust line in the final price.